p.subfusca highland or lowland?

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
So I was bored on Google and started to do a little research on the difference and am now wondering if my highlands are lowlands I can't post pictures on here through my phone and no longer have a laptop so I can email anyone with information on the types of subfuscas pictures of the pair by what I'm understanding is the darker colored with purple highlights are bara aka lowlands please help!!!!!

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I was bored on Google and started to do a little research on the difference and am now wondering if my highlands are lowlands I can't post pictures on here through my phone and no longer have a laptop so I can email anyone with information on the types of subfuscas pictures of the pair by what I'm understanding is the darker colored with purple highlights are bara aka lowlands please help!!!!!
If you have lowlands you are lucky. Anyway highlands are smaller and darker than lowlands.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
That's the hard part mine are about 4-4.5" and are dark but when you Google search them they mix them up like one picture will be like this is lowland and this is highland then you look at another and boom its completely flip flopped and mine arent that dark I mean they have the Subfusca black color but I can't determine which is which and im selling them as highland but don't want to cheat myself if they are lowland

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
<no selling of stuff here, that's what the classifieds section is for -Zoltan>

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

And as for pictures post your email and I can send it won't let me post over my phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's both my P. subfusca lowland adult females:

and as juvenile:

Highland are much darker than this

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
I had a question as well referring to the P. subfusca highland/lowland situation.
Is P. bara another name for the P. subfusca lowland:?? I've seen some pictures labeled P. bara(lowland) and it looks like what I see P. subfusca(lowland) labelled as as well.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Thank you. I found out about 2 minutes after I posted this lol. I was selling a pair as highland, but the more I read up on them the more I was worried they were lowland. I didn't want to sell them as the wrong species and accidently gip someone of something they wanted! >.<