P subfusca cage

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My cobalt blue just passed away because of a bad molt. That means a free tall cage (I didn't keep my cobalt blue arboreal I just gave it a foot of dirt to burrow in). I decided to get a p subfusca. But before I think of buying it I have to know if this cage will work. It is 12x12x18 tall. The other arboreal cages i have seen appear to be a little taller. Also what is the difference between highland and lowland? Thanks.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A 12x12x18 is plenty of room.

If it is a sling it would be way to big. I would say an enclosure of that size would be best suited for something 5 inches or so.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agreeing with other post: it seems like a good choice, unless it's a sling. How big is it?

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't found one yet. I just wanted to get an adult pokie sence all my pokies are still only a few inches. I was worried the cage wouldn't be tall enough for an arboreal tarantula.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Be prepared to shell out a pretty penny for an adult subfusca. Do a search on Highland and Lowland. Lowlands tend to be lighter in coloring and larger and Highland tend to be very dark in coloring and smaller.

If you want an adult or close to adult pokie, search for an Ornata. Much more reasonble pricing and IMO just about as gorgeous.

Joe - CAK