P stirata hybrid?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Had this stirata for about 9 months now. I've mentioned before that it has a faint ventral band like a regalis. Some people told me that their stirata does not have any sort of band. Would like to know for sure.. IMG_20161229_165014697.jpg IMG_20170411_230833959.jpg IMG_20170411_230813769.jpg

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@Venom1080 Striata can have a light belly band it's more prominent in youth and fades into adult hood.. The only sure fire way( that I know of) to Id pokies is the warning stripes on the legs..

If I have time later I will find the reference I use to Id them and either Id it to the best of my ability or drop the link to the pictures.. I'm pretty busy ATM waiting on my new female rufilata to arrive :cigar:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
@Venom1080 Striata can have a light belly band it's more prominent in youth and fades into adult hood.. The only sure fire way( that I know of) to Id pokies is the warning stripes on the legs..

If I have time later I will find the reference I use to Id them and either Id it to the best of my ability or drop the link to the pictures.. I'm pretty busy ATM waiting on my new female rufilata to arrive :cigar:
yeah, in my copy of Tarantulas of the world, it has the full stripe id thing.
rufilata are monsters, but not as pretty as the white and black pokies. im sure you'll love your girl regardless. i know i love mine.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
yeah, in my copy of Tarantulas of the world, it has the full stripe id thing.
rufilata are monsters, but not as pretty as the white and black pokies. im sure you'll love your girl regardless. i know i love mine.
Check the leg stripes then bruh:wacky:...

Sorry man but I have to disagree my velvet green and yellow beauty is the pinacle of pokies... However I feel on a scale of 1-10 she is a 10 and all other pokies are a 9.. So she is only slightly better looking than all the others ;)..However when it comes to Theraphosids pokies are a 10..

She came and she is gourgous I'm going to make a thread on her soon..

*Edit* @Venom1080. I just compared pics of your T with my leg stripe chart and against my nephews adult female regalis and I would say your T is P.striata..

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Check the leg stripes then bruh:wacky:...

Sorry man but I have to disagree my velvet green and yellow beauty is the pinacle of pokies... However I feel on a scale of 1-10 she is a 10 and all other pokies are a 9.. So she is only slightly better looking than all the others ;)..However when it comes to Theraphosids pokies are a 10..

She came and she is gourgous I'm going to make a thread on her soon..
haha yeah, i figured if hybridized, the leg patterns wouldnt match up to anything. and id probably end up iding it wrong, i also didnt know stirata had any sort of ventral band.

how big is yours? my girl just hit 7" a couple weeks back, gorgeous, but not as much as the others, probably one of the worst looking Poecilotheria, although a 10 compared to non-pokies. ;)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
haha yeah, i figured if hybridized, the leg patterns wouldnt match up to anything. and id probably end up iding it wrong, i also didnt know stirata had any sort of ventral band.

how big is yours? my girl just hit 7" a couple weeks back, gorgeous, but not as much as the others, probably one of the worst looking Poecilotheria, although a 10 compared to non-pokies. ;)
Na I edited my last post because I didn't realize you quoted it but I gave it a long look over and it matches striata pretty well from what I could see with the angle that your T is at. I'm like 98%+ sure it's striata..

My rufi? To me I would say 5-6 inch but every one else keeps saying she looks seven.. She ran straight in her hide when I housed her so I have to wait to get some pics..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Na I edited my last post because I didn't realize you quoted it but I gave it a long look over and it matches striata pretty well from what I could see with the angle that your T is at. I'm like 98%+ sure it's striata..

My rufi? To me I would say 5-6 inch but every one else keeps saying she looks seven.. She ran straight in her hide when I housed her so I have to wait to get some pics..
Good enough for me.

I think rufi's are the second prettiest after metallica.
Metallica is #1, than subfusca Highland. The purple and patterns are awesome.