p sazimai sling help

GlitchSixxle

Arachnopeon
Hello just curious on what the care for a p sazimai sling would look like? I currently have my lp and its doing fine on mostly dry but slightly moist sub with a water dish. is the p sazimai more needy or elitively the same. I plan to just give the thing a corner of damp sub when needed but i wanna know yall's exp with these dudes

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
While the one in the picture is not Pterinopelma sazimai, but basic idea is same. If what we are talking about is a sling. You want to keep it very simple and just focus on it’s well being, and well eating, and well molting.

5B164CA5-DBCE-4DF2-BDF1-5B988423EC4B.jpeg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
P. sazimai can do fine with dry substrate, but they prefer slightly moist substrate. If you do get a sling, just know that they grow quite slow.

emmarie

Arachnopeon
P. sazimai can do fine with dry substrate, but they prefer slightly moist substrate. If you do get a sling, just know that they grow quite slow.
Very slow. My sazimai sling was my second T in my care. He (unable to sex but I always assume male until then) finally got through his first molt. Still the tiniest baby. Have owned him since early/mid September. But you’ll know that your sling is alive when your prekilled cricket plays Houdini and changes it’s location.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Cannot comment on the care for adults, but my sling is pretty cool so far. It's probably about 1/2" and loves to eat. Seems like a nice little sling so far and I'm excited to see it grow, just my experience in the month or so I've had it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There’s nothing unusual about their care- same old story

Box
Sub
Bowl
Hide

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Slings should be kept on slightly moist sub, juvies and adults are fine with you just periodically overflowing the water dish.

sling enclosure1.JPG

They are pretty reclusive and photosensitive as slings so don't expect to see it much to start with, they do get bolder once they hit juvie sizes though.

ErikElvis

Newb
I’m currently keeping mine in a vial with slightly damp substrate. Very responsive eater. Nailed a fairly large baby red runner as soon as I dropped it in. I did crush its head a little. Before that I was letting him scavenge. Had him at least a few months now and no sign of premolt.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought my sazimai slings, Ben & Jerry, at 1/4 inch. After about 13 months or so, they're around an inch and a half. Their care is pretty simple and what you described would be just fine. They are excellent eaters and only one of them has ever kicked hairs at me. At the moment, they look dark blue with low light and their legs are a beautiful purple with good light. One of them rarely hides, and the other rarely shows himself. Absolutely love them.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I have a 2-3 inch female and i keep half the sub wet and half dry.