P.regius sub adult?

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just want a double check, havent kept this species before but im told she is, she is one of the largest jumping spiders i've ever had though, we only get tiny zebra oens over here. I might be getting her a male but i want to know if its a good time, i dont want to get a sub adult and then my female turning to of been adult all along and i dont bother pairing them up.
Could she just be a small adult?
How will i know she's mature?

Havent measured her yet.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
This one I can answer: she is a sub-adult female.

Here is my Youtube Channel--you will find many Phidippus regius videos, and I have many more to upload... :D

Your little girl is quite beautiful, btw.... :clap:

S.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You forgot the link :)
They must be giant then lol, cant believe she's going to moult again lol, there's only maybe one other keeper of P.regius in the UK, they have sub adults and adults available but i have to time it right, dont want to get one that dies before the female matures :/
Is there some sort of characteristic to show that its sub adult?

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
:8o:8o:8o sorry :8o:8o:8o

http://www.youtube.com/user/JumpSpidersInc1?feature=mhum

Can't believe I forgot the link, lol.

I find it difficult to describe subadult P. regius... for me it is the size, colors, patterns and legs that allow me to differentiate the subs from adults...

Judging from her size and colorations, (IMO) she will soon molt into a fine young adult. :D

S.

PS-For me it is much harder to know sub males from adult, other than size of sub before he molts to MM...