P. Regius slings.

Busiga

Arachnopeon
I have about 40 P.Regius slings that have just finished their (what i believe to be) third molt. I have them all separated with fruit flies just smaller than them but none seem interested in eating. This will be my first batch from momma spider and im wondering if they're just not ready to eat yet? They are still very small with no differentiation of color or size between them yet.

sloth

Arachnoknight
I have about 40 P.Regius slings that have just finished their (what i believe to be) third molt. I have them all separated with fruit flies just smaller than them but none seem interested in eating. This will be my first batch from momma spider and im wondering if they're just not ready to eat yet? They are still very small with no differentiation of color or size between them yet.
How long ago did they leave the sac? When I raised my Phidippus sp sacks, once they emerge, it takes em about a week to start eating.

Busiga

Arachnopeon
How long ago did they leave the sac? When I raised my Phidippus sp sacks, once they emerge, it takes em about a week to start eating.
A few days, so i guess they aren't ready yet. do you have any pictures of what yours looked like when they started eating?

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Spray some water for them to drink and try again, thirsty spiders sometimes refuse to eat.
Smaller spiders desiccate way easier, so they'll need to mist some droplets on the side daily to keep them hydrated too.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
What I usually do with my P. regius slings is keeping them all together and feed them together until they molt, then slowly separate them out as they molt. All together, they can share some small to mid sized mealworms between them.

For yours, make sure that their containers are not too big as they may have trouble getting to the fruit fly or noticing it.

Busiga

Arachnopeon
What I usually do with my P. regius slings is keeping them all together and feed them together until they molt, then slowly separate them out as they molt. All together, they can share some small to mid sized mealworms between them.

For yours, make sure that their containers are not too big as they may have trouble getting to the fruit fly or noticing it.
I haven't heard of giving them mealworms that small, do they work together to tear them up or something?

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
I haven't heard of giving them mealworms that small, do they work together to tear them up or something?
You just need to take a mealworm and cut it to squeeze the guts out, they'll eat it. I personally feed fruit flies, but this method worked for my friend.

Busiga

Arachnopeon
You just need to take a mealworm and cut it to squeeze the guts out, they'll eat it. I personally feed fruit flies, but this method worked for my friend.
That is a really good idea, thanks a lot i literally would have never thought of that.