P. regius question.

TheAuduxity

Arachnopeon
I just purchased 2 regius, and they will be coming to me after they moult and become i4. How old is that, roughly? And how many instar until adult?

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
i4 is extremely young. they are just old enough to be rehomed. they will take 6-8 molts to adulthood, females take longer than males.
i4 is probably 4-5 months old.

TheAuduxity

Arachnopeon
i4 is extremely young. they are just old enough to be rehomed. they will take 6-8 molts to adulthood, females take longer than males.
i4 is probably 4-5 months old.
Thanks so much! If I get a female should I expect it to be the same colour as mom? Or is there any variation?

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Thanks so much! If I get a female should I expect it to be the same colour as mom? Or is there any variation?
theres a TON of variation. itll depend on both parents but sometimes breeders breed for colors so itll depend on if the breeder knows their stock and was aiming for them to come out like mom did :) theres a chance she will but expect some differences!
if you have any questions about jumpers feel free to message me, ive raised 300 slings from various species over the last year! :happy:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thanks @egyptiancrow I was watching, recently got a regalis sling myself. I first read the adult size in 6-8 months, not molts and was like ooh boy. 😅

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Thanks @egyptiancrow I was watching, recently got a regalis sling myself. I first read the adult size in 6-8 months, not molts and was like ooh boy. 😅
no worries! if you need any info feel free to message me as well. it does take a few months for slings to grow up- though definitely nowhere near the time for a tarantula :p

And if you got a regal jumping spider, the latin name is Phidippus regius but with my dyslexia i totally see where you got regalis :p

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Ooh jeez, I totally read this as regalis, so embarrassing 😊.

I don’t have a Phidippus regius, but last year did catch a jumping spood, but can’t recall the exact one. It was amazing, very cool spider that was inquisitive and cute. I ended up releasing it back to the garden after I plumped it up, I felt bad keeping a wild caught one.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Ooh jeez, I totally read this as regalis, so embarrassing 😊.

I don’t have a Phidippus regius, but last year did catch a jumping spood, but can’t recall the exact one. It was amazing, very cool spider that was inquisitive and cute. I ended up releasing it back to the garden after I plumped it up, I felt bad keeping a wild caught one.
thats great, wild spiders are often very curious and even come on my hand without any cajoling! i hope you do keep one someday, theres lots of great breeders now and they are very rewarding pets

Craig73

Arachnoangel
thats great, wild spiders are often very curious and even come on my hand without any cajoling! i hope you do keep one someday, theres lots of great breeders now and they are very rewarding pets
I would love to try, it’s practically the only spider aside from tarantula’s I can see myself keeping without the phobia going off the charts. My only guess is if I think they’re cute I’m good, lol.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Sorry! I accidentally disliked your comment 😅
Thats OK since i don't really like this forum for it's swearwordprotection.
Anyhow, i'd Love to get an answer what americans call Instars. Because if Larva 1 and 2 count as Instars, they will NOT be adult in seven Instars for sure.