P. Regius not eating and being very defensive?

shedua

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have a female phiddipus regius jumping spider I've been keeping who has recently started acting a bit weird. She won't eat any food I offer her, she might attack it but won't latch on and often will just run away or avoid it. Her abdomen however has stayed fat and round and hasn't shriveled or anything (although it kinda looked a little deformed the other day, almost like a bean shape). I got worried that maybe she has some sort of constipation, so I wanted to take her out of her enclosure and look at her to see if I could see any abnormalities. However when I brought a paint brush near her to try and coax her out like I often do, she got very defensive, threat posing at it and showing her fangs, which she never does. I know that she isn't in premolt because she is an adult, she recently laid an infertile egg sac a month or so ago. I'm not sure if she's about to lay another one because she hasn't built any big nest and has still been leaving and wandering the enclosure. She also hasn't slowed down at all which she did originally when she laid the first one. Has anyone else had similar defensive/not eating issues with their regal jumping spiders and should I be worried about constipation or fecal blockage? Thanks

JZayn99

Arachnopeon
How old is the spider? do u change feeder insects for it? wich are temperature and humidity? as u know these species are very fragiles and unfortunately with a very short lifespan

shedua

Arachnopeon
She almost a year old yet I believe, I got her as a juvenile in September from a breeder. I feed her mealworms and blue bottle flies. She recently took a mealworm from me but has now cooped herself back up into her webbing. I don't have anything to check temp or humidity with but I do have a exo Terra heater on the side of her enclosure as well as spagnum moss in the enclosure to keep the humidity, and I spray at least once a day. I'm suspecting she's laying another infertile sac but it's really hard to know for sure