P. regius male can't poop

Nanien

Arachnopeon
I've had Dusty for a little over a year now, and noticed after some time that he stopped eating properly, but decided to drink more. Since then I have realized that he DOES want to eat, just not as often, and would prefer food that doesn't put up a fight. Today, however, it seemed to me like he was trying to poop, but nothing came out. Afterwards he even wiped his spinerettes. Is there anything I can do to help him?

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
I think I saw a dark den video having to do with it - extra humidity or whipping their bum with warm water might help but I'm not a t expert

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
I think I saw a dark den video having to do with it - extra humidity or whipping their bum with warm water might help but I'm not a t expert
I thought they said it was a jumping spider not a Tarantula

Last edited:

Nanien

Arachnopeon
How do you know for sure?
He had raised his butt like when they try to poop, but nothing came out, so eventually he just lowered it. Also, he hadn't been able to create webs for several months (however, he only lost the ability to poop later, apparently, because since not being able to make webs, he HAD eaten and had pooped).

Thank you for everyone's response, sorry for not having been active since I asked the question, but Dusty - the spider in question - died the night I came here for help. He was a little more than a year old, so I guess he had a long enough life, I just would have preferred it longer. I did not have the heart (or stomach) to do an autopsy, so whatever caused the problems will remain unknown, it seems.