P. regalis

razor244

Arachnopeon
hey everyone i have what some may consider a silly question in regards to P. regalis speed. Right now i have a 1.25 inch sling and the little one can move =P. I know all pokies are quite quick but my question is for those of you that have already raised slings to adults. as they get they are getting bigger do they get faster ? slower ? or stay just as quick .

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well they stay fast and exciteable, if that's what you mean. Pokies are usually a bit high strung throughout their life. Also, the actual running speed will definitely increase as they get bigger. Since they're growing, the body lengths per second probably doesn't change that much but MPH will.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know they are fast, when you describe their speed "MPH"....lol

razor244

Arachnopeon
Well they stay fast and exciteable, if that's what you mean. Pokies are usually a bit high strung throughout their life. Also, the actual running speed will definitely increase as they get bigger. Since they're growing, the body lengths per second probably doesn't change that much but MPH will.
thanks for the helpful explanation. i cant wait for my little one to get bigger =P

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IME although the adults are capable of going fast they mostly stroll away at disturbance or don't move at all. Its the slings and juveniles that show the fastest flight. The only exception Ive experienced is mature males that don't want to get caught after being in my breeding tank.

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey everyone i have what some may consider a silly question in regards to P. regalis speed. Right now i have a 1.25 inch sling and the little one can move =P. I know all pokies are quite quick but my question is for those of you that have already raised slings to adults. as they get they are getting bigger do they get faster ? slower ? or stay just as quick .
from eggsack to 4.5inch female - 8months
from eggsack to 6.5-7inch mature male = 8months

;)

in terms of speed i think its almost the same, but the small ones are bit skittish so you can say they may be faster since they also have lighter body