P.regalis

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi, i am going to order my P.regalis from kelly swift, do you think it will be safe? coming through cold weather and i am getting it this December, because it is a baby, would that kill it?
thanks,

James

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Shouldn't be an issue - Kelly will ship it overnight with a warmer pack in it. Assuming you or your parents can get it when its delivered there won't be problems from the weather. I've ordered Ts in cold weather and never had an issue.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you ordered overnight, then he probably has a guarantee on it so if you have a DOA you're most likely covered.

kellygirl

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cole weather is no problem. Like code monkey said, they ship a hot pack in the box to keep the temperature up.

The only time you MAY have a problem is if the shippers make a booboo and your package gets delayed. Thats a relatively rare occurance though so I wouldnt worry.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Chris,

You evidently don't send many packages.... ;)

J/K ... it's just that I've had a LOT of packages take a day or two longer than they were supposed to...

Last edited:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wouldn't do it unless it's overnight. I'd imagine Kelly would still use a heater of some sort, but if it happens to die, you're screwed.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Valael, you do realise for a single sling that going overnight doubles the cost and shipping is not part of the guarantee?

You can have two P. regalis slings shipped for a grand total of $60, or he can have a single guaranteed sling shipped for $45 and still have to drop another $20 if it did die. You've got to look at things like that and decide how lucky you feel.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm.. here in the cold and barren land of norway (uh..;)) we just send em as regular mail.. takes 3-4 days usually.. and at quite the different temperature from you guys (meaning cooooolder ;)) and they always seem to show up unharmed and healthy =)

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

its actually $50 if i would pay overnight shipping, $25 for the p.regalis, or do you think i can find a better price?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Kelly's shipping is $20, just checked today, $25 + $20 does equal $45 last time I checked.

You may or may not be able to find them cheaper, I would wait until you're ready to order and then see who has what in stock. What makes Kelly a good choice is the no minimum order, many vendors might be cheaper by $5 or so, but would also require you to order $50 before shipping.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

what do you think is aggressive and less expensive? and an arboreal, do you have anything for sale? or should i just pay overnight? thanks,
James

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you dont wanna pay shipping, you could always wait for a show to come near you. they usually knock the prices down quite a bit for that as well.

kellygirl

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shipping from Kelly is not a prob...

What makes Kelly good aside from great selection and price is the way he ships. His packing and shipping is the best there is ( besides mine of course :) ) and shipping in cold weather isn't a problem for him. That's because he takes the time to do it right. And yes it will have a heat pack. The reason overnight is the way to go is because far too often priority mail will drop the ball and there is no guarantee on priority.
Phil

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
give me till Friday..

I'm going home to eat so give me till Friday but keep in mind I am not trying to compete with Kelly and I won't go any cheaper on Regalis as it's his sale and I'm not going to muscle in on it. I was only trying to put your mind at ease about ordering from him not take business from him. He is a good friend and I won't play that way.
Phil

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

i didnt mean that, i just want to see what kinds that you have for sale, i am still not sure about a regalis, i didnt mean to offend you, sorry

James

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: hi

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
what do you think is aggressive and less expensive? and an arboreal
James
what about h. maculata? fast, defensive, good looking, very easy to keep, probably not a good starter t though....I rarely ever see mine except at night after the lights have been out for a while, although when I did take the lid off on sunday it came blasting out of its hide and startled the crap out of me, I almost dropped the glass lid! I think it was hungry after molting so I threw three large crickets in and figured I would refill the water dish after it had its fill of crickets.
Ed

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not a prob James...

No offense taken at all. I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't trying to take Kelly's sale is all. I'll e-mail you a list of what I have when I get a chance this afternoon after work slows down a bit.
Phil