P. Regalis Sling! Potential Molting Trouble?

HeavyMetalTarantula

Arachnopeon
So he (or she) hasn't been refusing any meals, but the abdomen is getting pretty plump and on the dark side I would say. I fed him last about 5 days ago. I noticed the last few days it was coming out of its cork-bark and sitting on the top at an angle or the lid of the enclosure upside down. Today I came home from work and he was on the cork-bark upside. So i was like "Oh snap he's either dead or molting!" And with my luck I figured it was dead/dying. I ever so slightly picked up the enclosure to go bring upstairs where its a little warmer and when i set the enclosure down and peeped at it, it was back right side up just chillin...I've been checking on it and its just back in its little cork-bark hide. Not sure if i interrupted a molt or if there's another potential health issue going on and what if, if anything I could do about it? Any help or comment is MUCH appreciated. This spider dad is just paranoid and having anxiety for my baby lol. Thank you again! I can post pics if need be just ask!

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Photos are always helpful.

If the carapace hasn't popped, then it may try to flip over and moult again. There isn't much you can do to help, so just let it be in a quiet and dark area, and let the little buddy do its thing.

cold blood

Staff member
Nothing you can really do when it comes to molting....just be patient....Im sure its just fine.