p. Regalis sling not eating

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
iv had a p. Regalis sling for over a month now, it used to pounce on a cricket like a jaguar once every 2 days, but its been about 3 and a half weeks since it stopped eating. It is definately due a molt as it has not had 1 since iv owned it and it is verrry small. I rehoused it last night into a smaller tub as i felt the cricket tub, in the upright position was waaay to big for it. While i was there i had a good poke around in the sub, next to the fake plant it has, (thats where it webbed) and definately no molt. Its very humid in there as it is in my glass formora viv as i spray them regularly and they are kept on top of a bearded dragon enclosure. The formosa viv condenses so much and its like a rainforest in there lol. The slings tub does too. Just wondering if its normal for slings to go that long without scran, or be in pre-molt that long or is there such thing as too humid for a pokie??

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
I'm no expert, but it sounds like pre-molt behaviour to me, as for the humidity, how often do you mist? Once or twice a week should be sufficient, How large is your sling?

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
i mist bout twice a week. The sling, leg to leg is about just over 1 inch. Really young

cityzooguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
isn't every two days a bit much even for a sling, that thing must look like a tic! is the abdomen way bigger than the cephalothorax?

might have had its fill of crickets for awhile...