P Regalis sexing?

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have not confirmed these, evil devils destroy molts, but fill free to take a Stab and explain why. No cheating and saying the container says. :p Those were never changed over and are mixed up. We have been playing male/ female every molt. I'll update when I confirm it.

What do you guys think, I don't have any nice ventral shots but what's your best guess? I can't tell till the get a bit larger and the pattern is bolder. They are about 3-4 ish" now. I keep wanting to say 2 and 4 maleish and 1-3 femaleish

Last edited:

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
help please

I hate to butt in but.....what sex do you think my little P Regalis is? When I bought the spidy from BrettG he and his wife think the pokie is a little girl....what do you all think? Thanks in advance!
:? Sorry for the crappy photo! She did her/him first Teleport tonight Man, I can't believe how fast these spiders are!

Last edited:

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wrong side

I was looking for an opinion of the dorsal stripe and only photo I have....sorry.

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would, but I am no good at dorsally sexing pokies. :eek:

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
would you give me your opinion please?
Yeah it's a bit of a sit and wait I know a few can do it on here but I'd like some better guess. I can't do it that well on pokies but people like Ryan are really good at it. I always guess them wrong. Don't take it as a guarantee but it does give a better idea.

I can't ever remember if it is the inside of the stripe or the outside I'm supposed to be looking at when they are small. Somethimes I can see a faint black outline sometimes I can't and other times the inside of the stripe looks different.

Last edited:

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I didn't want to hi-jack your post but I don't see many of these type of threads and I thought I would show the photo and ask....some days I think male and others I think female; I really don't have a clue! The people I bought the spidy from believe its a girl. I guess, in time, I will find out.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I didn't want to hi-jack your post but I don't see many of these type of threads and I thought I would show the photo and ask....some days I think male and others I think female; I really don't have a clue! The people I bought the spidy from believe its a girl. I guess, in time, I will find out.
Perfectly fine with me. :8o Talknlate04 (Ryan) told me a few years ago the last time I asked but I have since forgot and haven't been on the boards in awhile to see it done enough. Pokies were never really my thing but I still have a soft spot for Regalis and a couple others.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Im not the best at sexing via dorsal. The vivid vs the faded markings I would have to say
1Female
2male
3male
4female

Ok changed my mind. :D
male
female
male
female

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know the photos are down but I reuploaded them. Anyone who is curious #4 just molted MM a couple nights ago. :wall:

P regalis #1

P Regalis #2

P Regalis #3

P Regails #4

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Edit: #3 is now out of his molt and spotted his bulbs as well already. :( (I originally said #2 but that is incorrect I got them out of order and couldn't see the number on the container.)

Last edited: