Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

P. Regalis rehouse!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by MainMann, Jun 16, 2019.

1. MainMann

MainMann Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Hello! So my P regalis recently molted out, and the size it gained was far beyond my expectations! When the sling had arrived it was 2cm bigger than what the seller initially said (he said it was 5cm, but when it arrived t was closer to 7cm). So I'm not complaining :) but it does mean my initial setup was smaller than needed, so after that molt rehouse time it is!

I used the "Cup on top of enclosure" technique and tell you what, it surprised me how calm my regalis was during the entire process! I was already prepped and ready for a T threat posing and running all over the place, but through it all it was soo calm during the rehouse!

Guess that's what i wanted to share since it really sheds light on how Poecilotheria as a genus is slightly demonized, the pics are the new enclosure and a cool close up of those gorgeous reflective patches! If anyone would like to add anything or share their experiences, I'll be more than delighted to hear!

Thank you, Maman

Attached Files:

2. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

This genus isn’t demonized.

Also, a rehouse that goes well isn’t indicative of anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MainMann

MainMann Arachnosquire

Oh yes of course! I just thought of sharing my experiences and to take it with a grain of salt

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

It is nice to do a rehouse with any Pokie that goes smoothly so I completely understand what your saying. Being prepped and having the right technique for the right species is 90% of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.