P. regalis or P. striata

Garrett970

Arachnopeon
I bought a Female P. regalis a few years back. I never thought much of it till I was now but I notice no distinctive cream band on her underside. Im told ALL regalis will have a distinctive cream band... So now Im leaning towards a P. striata due to the certain markings but Im still not quite sure. I attached some photos for reference.
Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can ID Poki's by looking at their legs ventrally. I knows of ventral viewed Poki legs are on this site and the net, ID'ing each leg to a given species. I'd look for those. I'd post them, but they aren't mine.

Garrett970

Arachnopeon
You can ID Poki's by looking at their legs ventrally. I knows of ventral viewed Poki legs are on this site and the net, ID'ing each leg to a given species. I'd look for those. I'd post them, but they aren't mine.
Cool ill look for them. Thanks

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The dorsal/ventral leg banding on regalis and striata is almost identical. The biggest thing distinguishing them from a hobbyist's point of view is regalis' belly band. From the first pic, it's obvious yours is an adult female, also obvious it's not a regalis.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I bought a Female P. regalis a few years back. I never thought much of it till I was now but I notice no distinctive cream band on her underside. Im told ALL regalis will have a distinctive cream band... So now Im leaning towards a P. striata due to the certain markings but Im still not quite sure. I attached some photos for reference.
Striata are no good man.. Not nearly as cool as regalis.. Just send her my way and buy yourself a new regalis! ;-)

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
100% not a regalis leaving your only options being striata or a hybrid as I know that they get mislabeled and confused with each other quite commonly it wouldn't surprise me if there are a number of not-so-pure specimens out there. @14pokies I disagree man. My striata was my first pokie and after she molted she was down right stunning.
IMG_20160824_143932.jpg IMG_20160814_095411.jpg

Garrett970

Arachnopeon
Striata are no good man.. Not nearly as cool as regalis.. Just send her my way and buy yourself a new regalis! ;-)
You are completely right I mean come on Who Wants a. What's your address brother I'll send her your way tomorrow hahaha. On the real though do you have a male or if you can help me find one I will send you slings ;-)

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great looking striata you got yourself there.... I can´t see wich othet poec it could be. It is the band that separates them...No band, striata....

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
You are completely right I mean come on Who Wants a. What's your address brother I'll send her your way tomorrow hahaha. On the real though do you have a male or if you can help me find one I will send you slings ;-)
I have a male and some females ;)
But he's staying with me haha, if you want to loan her to me I'd be happy to cut a 50/50 though :D

14pokies

Arachnoprince
100% not a regalis leaving your only options being striata or a hybrid as I know that they get mislabeled and confused with each other quite commonly it wouldn't surprise me if there are a number of not-so-pure specimens out there. @14pokies I disagree man. My striata was my first pokie and after she molted she was down right stunning.
View attachment 220310 View attachment 220311
Again you missed my joke! Lol.. I quit!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Lol.. I don't but I will ask around today.. If I find anything I'll PM you bro... Check the breeding loans section here on the boards also..