P.regalis molt, suspecting a male

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a couple of pics of my juvie P.regalis who got quite long. By the looks of it I am saying it is a male. Any experts out there want to confirm this, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

Rich

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi. It looks like I see bulbs on the pedipalps from the photo but I am not positive. Look at the underside of the pedipalps. If you see the bulbs, it's a male.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, I'd say it's a male. I've noticed on regalis males they have a little bald spot (or nook on smaller males) shaped like a halfmoon below the concentrated setae (visible on the second pic). The females are completely black and the length of the furrow is noticeably longer on the females.

Jim B.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool that we agree on the male. I saw that in the picture but when I checked on the T, it just isn't as visible as it is in the picture. If there is some boxing gloves then I better start filling up my female and get some breeding a going on.:D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Would you like to sell him after your done with him. I got two girls who need a boyfriend.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Philth, let me see what happens with him and my Heidi. I could be willing to stud or sale him out.