P. Regalis mind boggling sex question..

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Hello!

I have a really weird one..
I have a P.Regalis which is by numerous criteria and opinions a male. I've posted pics of the molt here and some people agreed that it was in fact a male.. The trouble with this is its age and size.. I've had this Regalis for 4 years now, and I got it when it was about 2".. So it is I'd say around 5 years old. Im not a fan of powerfeeding so it is growing slowly. I've been giving it one dubia roach per week for as long as I can remember, so it molts roughly only once a year or maybe once every 8 months. It now has a legspan of 6" and if it is a male it is still not mature.. From my experience males grow faster and mature in at least 3 years.. and this one is still not mature and is around 5 years old..
What gives?! :D

LZ

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
At five years old sexing the molt should be obvious weather its male or female.
Got pics of last molt?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
At five years old sexing the molt should be obvious weather its male or female.
Got pics of last molt?
yeah I know, the problem is that this one has a tendency to ruin every molt.. I did my best to save the latest one, but it was still quite damaged..

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
molt appears to be a male, you sure it doesn't have swollen pedipalps/emboli?
pokies don't get mating hooks.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
yep, checked again, completely flat. If this turns out to be a male, its going to be a huge one.. :)
Which is certainly possible. Just like all animals, there are genetic variances. I have a GBB MM that is pushing 5.5", far beyond the average.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Which is certainly possible. Just like all animals, there are genetic variances. I have a GBB MM that is pushing 5.5", far beyond the average.
Man, living where you live, that doesn't surprise me >>:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Man, living where you live, that doesn't surprise me >>:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien:alien
This time, I didn't raise it! I got it as a loaner.

I really do need a get a picture of him with a ruler, though. I'm just waiting for someone to call shenanigans on my claim.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This time, I didn't raise it! I got it as a loaner.

I really do need a get a picture of him with a ruler, though. I'm just waiting for someone to call shenanigans on my claim.
I know I saw your other posts about your future GBB project earlier this A.M.

Yeah, no ruler, it's all just smoke and mirrors :snaphappy::watchingyou: