P. regalis drumming = >: S

Cuttlefish

Arachnopeon
Dave and I were soooo close to mating some P. regalis tonight! (maybe...we think).
The male and females in question are housed on the same shelf of our wet rack, and as we have our computers nearby, we heard some very persistent drumming--first from the male, and then from a female (that I thought was a juvie). :rolleyes:

We decided to put their enclosures into a large tupperware to control escapes, took off the lids and tilted them together. After some more drumming from the male, he entered her enclosure... and then.. well, there was almost a mating, but it was actually more like one quick attempt, and then some really frantic running around! So we separated them.

But hey, if you've already got the stuff set up, why not try to mate him with my BIG female? So we did, and after a lot more drumming from the male, she got interested, so we took the lids off. Unfortunately, this disturbed them and she never did get back into the mood, although he looked for her for at least 45 minutes.

So the night has been fun, but disappointing. <Although I really thought we were going to have at least one escape..>

Have any of you breeders sucessfully mated P. regalis (or similar species)? And if so, please let me know anything and everything!

:D Tamara.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Escape? I wasn't concerned (wiping sweat off brow). ;)

Cheers,
Dave