P. regalis abdomen band

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 6" P. regalis still with no white abdomen band, when do they get these? or are they only come on male or female.This is my first pokie and really exicited I kow have 3 more 1-2" slings.Formsa,striata,and pedersini.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 6" P. regalis still with no white abdomen band, when do they get these? or are they only come on male or female.This is my first pokie and really exicited I kow have 3 more 1-2" slings.Formsa,striata,and pedersini.
Are you talking about the little cream-ish color band on the abdomen? It should have it at 6"..

If your talkin about the band I am thinking of.. You will only see it ventrally.. It wont wrap around the whole abdomen..

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think either you aren't looking in the right place (on the spider) or you don't have the species you think you do. Can you take a picture of her underside the next time she's up on the glass and post it here? That'll get it sorted.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fun Pokie to work W/

Here is the Band on a past MM:

Yours & my Pederseni = No Cream band underneath

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you talking about the little cream-ish color band on the abdomen? It should have it at 6"..

If your talkin about the band I am thinking of.. You will only see it ventrally.. It wont wrap around the whole abdomen..
Yes Tommy that is what I am talking about.Got It out of its funnel yesterday and made several attempts of trying to get a good pic.But unsuccessful:(

I remeasured and it is at 5.5" Nice T It looks to have a small going on,not very wide 1/4"?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think either you aren't looking in the right place (on the spider) or you don't have the species you think you do. Can you take a picture of her underside the next time she's up on the glass and post it here? That'll get it sorted.
I will try to borrow a better camera,THANKS

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Regalis

A pure bred Chow Chow has a purple tounge= True
A adult regalis has a cream band= True
No what ifs or maybes, please research your critter.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He came from the university where they also have females who came from the same eggsac. He is a P. regalis.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
All adult Poecilotheria regalis will have a sub abdominal band located on the ventral side of the abdomen.If your unsure what species you have post some photos of the underside and leg banding and we can tell you what species it is ;]
-Chris

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He came from the university where they also have females who came from the same eggsac. He is a P. regalis.
not if the university mislabeled what they had ;).

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My toungue is....

Red, Blue & Purple when I eat Jolly Ranchers :p

A pure bred Chow Chow has a purple tounge= True
A adult regalis has a cream band= True
Chow-Chow's, that's Hillarious Kev! :p

Thats not my old pokie is it? :p
No Doug, but yours did mate my Female after she Molted outta fertilization - TY :D

not if the university mislabeled what they had ;).
2 funny - Maybe it was Humbolt University :D

I made a thread, I'm not hijacking this one.
Deb, you are my Favorite Kitty on the Boards - don't cross my path though, I kid, I kid *meow* ;)

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chow-Chow's, that's Hillarious Kev! :p

Well I do have other pets, besides what a perfect example.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last edited: