P. regalis abdomen band

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks like a striata to me?????
Really? That would not bother me.Just want to get a positive idea.

Just signed up for photobucket earlier,So I am experiencing a learning curve with it as well my first posted pic on here.I think I will get the hang of it..

Mr. Irminia

Arachnopeon
just took a look at a guide i have for ventral markings of the pokies. i would put my money on that T being an ornata.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow!

just took a look at a guide i have for ventral markings of the pokies. i would put my money on that T being an ornata.
VERY,VERY, Interesting,that was going to be my next sp. to my Poc. collection LOL!!

Leaning to now maybe getting a regalis?

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a P. faciata. 100%
You can tell by the leg banding.
This site is invaluable for identifying pocei's.

That last picture looks like it might be a Mature Male
If it is and you are interested in a 50/50 PM me as I have two mature females in need of a date.

Last edited:

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
50/50 loan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCkRpgk-15g

I got a video of it on my channel that shows it briefly but there is a better video on this channel.I could do a loan if you take a better look at him.I also got a better camera so I can get you better pic this afternoon when I get home.

Last edited:

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK I'm going to eat my last post. I looked at the pics more and am no longer sure.

:wall::wall::wall:

It could be an immature regalis

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But has no band....:confused:
sometimes males do not get a full white band until they mature, but usually have some light part there instead.

If you can get a really clear shot of the underside (dorsal) of all the legs it might clear this up. I'm still thinking Faciata but I'm not sure anymore.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New pics of the mystery T

I believe we are all wrong Looks OBTish to me!{D{D

I took it out to clean very dirty glass I could not get a picture through..
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/Kevo91172/pokie/pokie4.jpg

Bottom portion of legs are white..
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/Kevo91172/pokie/pokie3.jpg

Ok one last shot.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Hope this will help me finding this a guy a date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuCv32QOSQ

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Interesting find.

Look at the underside of leg 4. Doesnt look ornata at all. The reason why: Its a male. An immature male. I looked at my 7" ornata female. Her legs match the leg patterns linked in this thread. I looked at the underside of my 6" penultimate male ornata and he has a longer white band on the femur of leg 4. Now that you have that figured out. Feed him so he matures. :D

Edit: And my male P. ornata came from Paul becker May 26th at 2I

Last edited:

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Look at the underside of leg 4. Doesnt look ornata at all. The reason why: Its a male. An immature male. I looked at my 7" ornata female. Her legs match the leg patterns linked in this thread. I looked at the underside of my 6" penultimate male ornata and he has a longer white band on the femur of leg 4. Now that you have that figured out. Feed him so he matures. :D

Edit: And my male P. ornata came from Paul becker May 26th at 2I
Cool man I did slacked off of feeding him a lot,but now its crunch time again

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK I'm back to certain. P. faciata, and it is mature.
It is not a P. ornata. His Leg IV's femur is not mostly like an ornata.

He is either a regalis or faciata. I called a few friends locally and we all agree mature regalis ALWAYS have a belly band.

So if you are still interested I'll send you more info in a PM.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Can the op post better pics of the males Palpal?

Edit: I agree now that it is not a P. ornata.

Last edited:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pokies, always a good discussion, and even after keeping a few hundred of them I still have to refer to notes LOL
Its definitely not MM as there's no emboli.
Process of elimination using ventral shot on such yellow legs say it can only be considered as rufilata, ornata, striata, regalis or fasciata.
rufilata is out because of the lack of a more rounded and thick band on the femur of 1st 2 legs.
striata is out for similar reasons.
regalis could be considered out because of the lack of the white band which should appear in juveniles and adults plus the lack of dark outward setae from the band on the femur.
ornata could be considered out because of the thin band on the femur which would be thicker with this species.
The leg pattern is very much fasciata.

However, the birds eye view image suggests a bit of ornata plus the folio is rather light suggesting possible female. fasciata would appear far more white with contrasting leg bands. Considering both of these are from Sri Lanka and its obvious whoever supplied them has confused the labelling could it be a hybrid of the common name Sri Lankan ornamental?

Lord Mort

Arachnopeon
My apologies for "necroposting" but I was just reading up on this thread as I have a T that was sold to me as a regalis but does not have the band.

At any rate, I was curious how this turned out... is the OP still around?