P. Regalis ~8yo female on back for 36+ hr

RockNRollAres

Arachnopeon
Saturday morning I noticed she was on the glass over this spot. Late Saturday night saw her in this position and assumed a molt (refused food recently), even though no underlying web... I've had older Ts take their time before and read all the threads... Just not so sure at this point.

She's still in that spot and I don't want to touch her. I misted the area in case (one tiny droplet landed on her abdomen, but no movement). I'm assuming that she is possibly gone but don't want to give up hope just yet. No visible issues with abdomen so I don't think a fall either.

Thoughts? Words of encouragement? I'm willing to let her be a little longer and keep hope alive...

Thanks, all.

Attachments

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your loss, such an amazing animal! Defnitely never was a molting attempt

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
It looks like she popper her carapace by the position she is in. Sorry, she’s probably gone :(

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Just wait for a week, have you tried dripping water on her fangs? If she hasn't moved in about 10 days she could be dead but until then assume she's alive, because she might be.

RockNRollAres

Arachnopeon
Just wait for a week, have you tried dripping water on her fangs? If she hasn't moved in about 10 days she could be dead but until then assume she's alive, because she might be.
I will very carefully attempt this tonight and update the thread. Thank you for the suggestion

Update: 2 drops of water. Will check again in AM

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Waiting... I can't bring myself to move her until Im positive on this. Too many variables and unknowns here. So many people with this issue for a week and then it's fine. If she dies it won't be my fault.
I’ve always waited, never gave help.

RockNRollAres

Arachnopeon
Whhy would you mist? and in case of what? You never need to mist a tarantula.
I misted the glass on that side of the enclosure because it was quite dry there and her usual spot is out in the back behind the giant cork bark. To gently help with humidity in that side of the enclosure. Nowhere did I say "I misted directly onto my moulting arboreal tarantula because this is my first rodeo".

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
So,from Saturday evening until just a few minutes ago,this Tuesday AM,no progress?.
Over 48 hours,so I don't know,but I have the feeling its probably done.

And you know that misting does nothing for molting,right.I understand your trying anything to help.But this long is normally not looking good.
Hope im wrong.