P. pulcher juvie enclosure

darlingi

Arachnosquire
Hey!

I just received my pulcher female today and she’s much bigger than I expected. I had a nice sling enclosure prepared for her, but she was way too big for that. So my only option was to put her in an adult arboreal enclosure, since I currently don’t have anything smaller.

From what I’ve read, Psalmopoeus seem to do fine in oversized enclosures, given their growth rate and hunting skills. I still wanted to ask here wether the enclosure looks good or if there’s anything to improve. I have particularly struggled finding a good angle for the cork bark. I didn’t want to leave too much space so that she would feel safe behind, but at the same time I wanted to use this big piece because all other cork pieces I have here aren’t high enough for her enclosure.

I really hope this is okay for now.
I’ve fiddled around with that bark piece way too much already with her being at the top of the enclosure, and she is a bold, bolty lady.

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
In my opinion, you did very well. I see everything that must be there. However, I'm afraid that you only have a decent air supply (top rear). If this is the case, then glue any small plastic parts to the left and right below, on the trapdoor rail, so that there is a small gap (1 to 2 mm). That is enough for sufficient air circulation. Furthermore, I've seen my pulcher drink several times, so a water dispenser is always good!
Personally, I would add a shovel more substrate. Sometimes they dig and definitely use it to build.

Air supply:
PXL_20210617_155147262.jpg

darlingi

Arachnosquire
In my opinion, you did very well. I see everything that must be there. However, I'm afraid that you only have a decent air supply (top rear). If this is the case, then glue any small plastic parts to the left and right below, on the trapdoor rail, so that there is a small gap (1 to 2 mm). That is enough for sufficient air circulation. Furthermore, I've seen my pulcher drink several times, so a water dispenser is always good!
Personally, I would add a shovel more substrate. Sometimes they dig and definitely use it to build.

Air supply:
View attachment 388476
Thank you! There’s another batch of ventilation holes (like the ones at the top) on the bottom of the enclosure on the opposite side/diagonally, but you can’t see them in the pictures.
There is a small bottle cap at the bottom of the enclosure, serving as a water dish. I’m aware that it is quite small though, so I’ll definitely swap that for something bigger! I’ll also add more substrate, however it will be hard to get substrate behind the cork bark since she will probably be setting up her hide there (or waiting to bolt up my arm).
Maybe my best bet would be to add substrate around the cork bark, so she can carry it behind when she needs it. :)

8 legged

Arachnoprince
If you make sure that the water is not empty for several days, a small water dispenser will also suffice. I use candlelight holders and Tetrapack closures...