P. Pulcher ..hmm

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. Pulcher ..Whos has one?!

I'm getting one of these slings in on monday and i was wondering if anyone else has one? is there anything special as to the care of these guys? any info would be of a great help.

..im trying to get everything ready before i head out tonight n get wasted for the next two nights.. leaving me sunday to lay in bed and do nothing :]

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What do you want to know? They can be kept the same as any other arboreal out there

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have one. Had her/him from a 1cm spiderling. If it's tiny give it a lot of substrate, with a piece of cork bark to climb if it likes, but i can guarantee it will burrow for the first few moults of its life.
I give about 4 crickets a week as a rule, then feed according to the size of the abdomen.. not fat enough feed more, too fat feed less...
Spray once a week to keep humidity up.
Thats about it really! Gorgeous spiders :) The colour transformations they go through is brill to watch! From orange with black points to orange legs, black abdomen and green carapace, then they get a bit more pinky with a jet black abdomen.. beautiful spiders!
I've not seen any aggression from mine but they are very fast!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are awesome spiders:clap: i keep my female(she's aggressive{D ) the same as i keep all of my psalmopoeus,avics,pokies.etc. fairly dry/waterdish/great ventilation,misting once a week,corkhide. you are getting a very cool spider,good luck

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Rather quick growing, (as is usually the case with Psalmopoeus). Give plenty of substrate when young, and give arboreal set-up when about 3". This seems to be the one species of Psalmopoeus with the most need for water. Not like avics or anything, just spritz a bit more often.

-Sean

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I keep all of mine (as others have said) just like any other Psalmopeous species. Depending on the size of the sling I choose an appropriately sized vial with a small airhole in order to better control humidity (a little more sensitive regarding humidity when they are small). As they are arboreal, I usually just us a bit of substrate (pretty much the same stuff I use for the other T's) and something vertical to climb on like cork bark, sterilized bark from the yard, piece of fake plant etc. A quick mist/few drops of water once a week (more if you have lots of ventilation) and I usually start them on 2 week old crickets, depending on the size of the animal. Feeding a couple of times a week seems to give an optimum growth rate. Mine tend to be a bit webby, at least for the first while of their lives and don't be surprised if they dig a bit as well. At this stage they're in what I like to call the "Everyone's trying to eat me mode" :p Definitely beatiful spiders though and something a bit different from the norm!