P pulcher. help?

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I searched the forum and on google and haven't been able to find any good info/caresheets about these guys. Anyone got any general info? I'd love to hear becuase I'm going to purchase one from swifts :D

Temperment?
Housing?
Temp/Humidity?
Feeding?
The basics, or any interesting things you'd like to share.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep like any other arboreal. They are fast and will bite so keep fingers and fangs well apart. Feed like any other tarantula

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Also, even though they are arboreal, they tend to like hiding spots. I use plastic vines and make sure they have a few nooks to use as safe havens.

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she is the shyest of all psalmopoeus species...and very defensive...if she is cornerd she strikes emidiately several times...very fast also , humidity like all arboreals 75-80% , she attack food very agressive . You must be carefull in terrarium , she attacks everything..it can be food , stick or your hand .. she will atack :D She don't need big terrarium , 25x25x35 cm is enough .

Regards

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Just wanted to add that I've never seen any defensive behavior from mine, though I guess they could be abnormal. They are shy and flighty, but I've never seen any indications that they would be too willing to bite.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just wanted to add that I've never seen any defensive behavior from mine, though I guess they could be abnormal. They are shy and flighty, but I've never seen any indications that they would be too willing to bite.
i used to hold mine somewhat regularily (1-2/month) and never got any sort of static from it.... then i was showing it to another forumer that was interest in getting it from me... i was going to take it out to hold and the dang thing struck at me... clacked fangs off the edge of the container... which was the ONLY reason i wasn't tagged by another psalmo species (a tiny suntiger is the only tarantula to ever bite me, heh).

mine was DEFINITELY more inclined to run than fight, like 99+% of the time though

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
these can def be quite defensive!mine like to greet me with a threat display during watering time heh

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, i love em:clap: my female is not very friendly either,and man is she quick! excellent eater,and when she emerges at night,very impressive t she webs like crazy,i keep mine just like all of my other arboreals.that's an excellent choice!