P. Pederseni ON THE LOOSE!

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
I woke up this morning and began doing my normal check on all my T.s to find that I left a feeding hatch on my P. Pederseni's critter keeper open and the spider was nowhere to be found. She's only about 2.5'' and very skittish so I'm not too worried about being bitten. I can't tell my sister or she'll literally stay in a hotel until I find her. This is a first for me. Any advise? :wall:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Look in the nearest dark warm place and go along the wall searching. Oh and always look on the ceiling first: Its easy to check and its warmer up there. I once tore my room apart to find a 3" LP on the top of the wall. Good luck finding your T. And put out a water dish incase it gets thristy. That way it has a better chance of living.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your best bet is to wake up at 2-3 am every day, turn on the lights and search the walls. Seeing as it's arboreal, it shouldn't be too hard to find. I found my female T. subcaeruleus this way. Only took me 2 nights before I found her hanging out on the wall about 5 ft from where her cage was.

Good luck. :)

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
you could also tape a toilete paper tube in the corner as a "hide" to try to get it to go there? good luck finding your T

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
Thanks you guys/ gals
Ill try anything. like I said my main worry is that my family wil find her before I do. haha

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It`ll turn up....and prolly not to far from its enclosure;)

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Think of dark areas along the walls and other objects in the room... Taping up a few toilet paper roll hides along the wall and ceiling would be a great idea! I'd recommend doing a few around the room though as apposed to one. If your sister asks why you did it, tell her you recently began indulging in meth and crack and you are trying to catch the Lucky Charm's Leprechaun :D That would buy you at least a week before they check you in to a rehab center!!!

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
WELL after over a month and a half I found her. She is the same size as when I lost her. Other than losing a bit of size she seems fine:D

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
I found her about 4 feet from where I lost her. She was on my window sill. She was very cold when I found her but after a warming up in a deli container she was back to herself. :( I just did notice that She brang mites into her enclosure. Any advice on how to rid her of the mites besides the obvious(changing substrate and decor)? thanks everyone

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
She is the same size as when I lost her. Other than losing a bit of size she seems fine:D
What do you mean? How could she be the same size, yet she lost a bit of size? I don't follow:(...

Congrats on the find! Keep the tank drier in addition to cleaning it out. Also separate that tank from the rest, as to avoid a spread.

--Dan

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
Sorry when I said that I meant that she hadn't molted but lost size in her abdomen. sorry for the confusion. peace

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
It is cool how they always end up being found so close to their original enclosures!!

--Dan

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its almost like they go on an adventure and come back when they find out that there is not much food around the house. I think they remember where they last had a meal.