P. paradoxa graspers stuck in molt

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
So my P. paradoxa just had a mismolt (i noticed that she had fallen when she started to molt so she molted in my hand) but her graspers are stuck in the molt. Should i let her be or should i help her somehow? She looks like she can walk now but her wings are all messed up.

Will she be able to eat with the old exo on top of the new graspers?

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are you talking about her raptorial legs? Mantises do not molt again once they've matured and gained wings. If the raptorial legs have not successfully ecdysed, it may not be able to move them properly. You should check to see if it's capable of capturing its own prey within a couple days. If it cannot capture its own prey or hold its prey, it won't be able to feed without help.

As with all invertebrates, failure to successfully molt causes problems and simply removing the old exoskeleton manually has the risk of damaging body parts and does not guarantee it can use those body parts properly. Removing the old exoskeleton manually will not cause it to become able to use its raptorial legs properly now that the new exoskeleton has already hardened incorrectly within the old.