P. Ornata sling question

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok one of my little 1 inch slings molted, and all of the molt is off except his first leg, the very tip i guess you would say toe, is stuck to the molt....i tried misting him and waiting, holding the molt and letting him pull...but so far its been on there 2 days...i was wondering what i should do...i dont think hes gonna take the leg off...i was thinking of getting some paper towel and holding him, and cutting off the molt just past his toe, id rather him walk around with a extra tiny peice of skin, instead of basically a siamese twin...what you think about the holding/sissors idea...atleast that would get most of it off til next molt...thanks

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its very unlikely its going to bite you so I'd suggest a wet artists paintbrush, slowly brushing water around the leg. Repeatedly apply and it should come off. Of course you could cut it with a scalpel too. Ive done this many times with slings and on occassions ive accidentally taken the leg off. They've been fine afterwards and usually the leg is replaced on the next moult.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
soapy luke warm water mite help, it does soften moults up for sexing after all. Worth a try if you can get it to keep still for a sec....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i might try the paintbrush and water first...if that dont work ill give him the chop...as long as i get most of it off...yeah i doubt he would bite me too, just gonna be hard to hold onto something that weighs nothing....

its very unlikely its going to bite you so I'd suggest a wet artists paintbrush, slowly brushing water around the leg. Repeatedly apply and it should come off. Of course you could cut it with a scalpel too. Ive done this many times with slings and on occassions ive accidentally taken the leg off. They've been fine afterwards and usually the leg is replaced on the next moult.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

yeah im thinking that too

soapy luke warm water mite help, it does soften moults up for sexing after all. Worth a try if you can get it to keep still for a sec....