P.ornata breeding project

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I have two females and a male that are around the 6 inch mark, I plan on breeding them as soon as I can. I know this is a very large species and I'm pretty sure the females need another few molts before I attempt to breed.

So what size were your females before you paired them? Also how many slings should I be expecting if all goes well? I've heard around 300, although I'm sure the number fluctuates quite a bit from sac to sac. Any tips of advice are appreciated, especially from anyone who has bred these guys before.

This is one of my females.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Females at 6" mark may be sexually mature. Check the spermathecae has developed in next moult.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
You will want your females fresh too anyway. Hopefully they will all moult around the same time

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You would be best off waiting untill your females are larger and there molt cycle has slowed to about eight months to once a year.. After breeding poecs you keep them dry and cooler by five or so degrees for about two months..

After this period you bring them back up to normal temps /humidity and feed them heavy. If they are still young females molting every few months odds are favorable that the heavy feeding and warm temps will cause them to molt out.

I'm not saying that will happen though.

Good luck man.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
You would be best off waiting untill your females are larger and there molt cycle has slowed to about eight months to once a year.. After breeding poecs you keep them dry and cooler by five or so degrees for about two months..

After this period you bring them back up to normal temps /humidity and feed them heavy. If they are still young females molting every few months odds are favorable that the heavy feeding and warm temps will cause them to molt out.

I'm not saying that will happen though.

Good luck man.
Thanks a lot man, that was very helpful. I will definitely be waiting a while before I actually breed them, just wanted to have everything down by the time my male matures. These Ts have been growing super fast so I would expect them to still be pretty young, hopefully if all goes well I'll be breeding them come next spring.