P.ornata breeding problem

Stewart1021

Arachnopeon
Today I put the male into female's cage,and the female start drumming and try to be close the male,but the male alway run away.

The male have been seen making sperm webs already,and all process in the dark room.

Did I need to improve any detail?Why the male always run away:bigtears:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Breeding takes patience. Some males are very nervous, some to the degree that they dont mate. One trick is to place males container inside females for some days, then open the lid to the males container. Another trick is to let the males cohabit with the female. This genus females are generally not agressive and prone to eat the males, even if this can happen!

How experienced in breeding tarantulas are you?

Stewart1021

Arachnopeon
Breeding takes patience. Some males are very nervous, some to the degree that they dont mate. One trick is to place males container inside females for some days, then open the lid to the males container. Another trick is to let the males cohabit with the female. This genus females are generally not agressive and prone to eat the males, even if this can happen!

How experienced in breeding tarantulas are you?
thx,I will try to place males container inside.
This is my first time try to breed Poecilotheria,I have breeding M.balfouri、Holothele incei、G.aureostriata and B.albiceps before

cold blood

Staff member
This genus females are generally not agressive and pron
yeaaah....not ornata...they can be very aggressive to males....its not a pokie I would co-hab.

Shark tanking is definitely worth a shot.

thx,I will try to place males container inside.
This is my first time try to breed Poecilotheria,I have breeding M.balfouri、Holothele incei、G.aureostriata and B.albiceps before
Are you trying in 2001? 2 of those species changed names a long time ago.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeaaah....not ornata...they can be very aggressive to males....its not a pokie I would co-hab.

Shark tanking is definitely worth a shot.

Thanks for the enlightning on the P ornata! I have only bred P regalis and P fasciata, but heard that most of the speicies females ate pretty unagressive towards males. But i trust you

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes OP, scientific names are universal and only change when scientists choose so

Stewart1021

Arachnopeon
Hi,I seach the scientific names and get that G.aureostriata change to G.pulchripes,Holothele incei change to Neoholothele incei is that correct?or I still get the outdated information?