P nigricolor advice

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My wife is begging for me to get a P nigricolor, as we just saw an adult the other day. It's beautiful, big, and VERY active. It seems like a good display spider. That's about my extent of knowledge on it.

Does anyone on here have any advice on the species? Any care requirements I should know? Also, since I haven't seen them around much, how much should I expect to pay for one (so I don't get ripped off)?

Thanks everyone :)

-Bryan

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Bryan. They are a fairly desireable specie of Pampho so the price may somewhat reflect that...especially on an adult.
In my experiance they are quite flighty and defensive. They aren't too fast to kick hairs but when they do, look out, the bristles will get your attention. Mine have done quite well at about 70% humidity and 75-80 drgrees. You'll probably want a spacious enclosure because like mopst Pamphos, they get big. 8"+!
I have mine in a terrestrial set up but they are often just hanging out in the open so they are a good display T as well.

Hope this helps some. :)

Atrax

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree with all the above comments. They are very impressive spiders and one of my favorites.

John