P. muticus Tanks

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
what size do you keep your kings in? please include specs (length, width, height) - am curious because I have space for a 12x12x12 and didn’t know if this would be too small

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Do you have one yet? I have a 1” sling in a 4x4x4” amac box with 3” of substrate, but it’ll be years before it will reach adult size (~6-8”). For an adult female 12x12x12 seems small IMO. It’s my first and only one, so haven’t experienced an adult yet.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
Do you have one yet? I have a 1” sling in a 4x4x4” amac box with 3” of substrate, but it’ll be years before it will reach adult size (~6-8”). For an adult female 12x12x12 seems small IMO. It’s my first and only one, so haven’t experienced an adult yet.
i haven’t had one yet no but have always wanted one - it’s one of the few baboons that i haven’t had already or have presently and a space opened up in my room (seller sold a Himalayan species i wanted)

didn’t know if i could make a 12x12x12 work or if it would need a big tank like my S. crassipes because of conflicting size reports - some say max DLS is 5-6 inches, other say females can get up to 8 inches

Craig73

Arachnoangel
i haven’t had one yet no but have always wanted one - it’s one of the few baboons that i haven’t had already or have presently and a space opened up in my room (seller sold a Himalayan species i wanted)

didn’t know if i could make a 12x12x12 work or if it would need a big tank like my S. crassipes because of conflicting size reports - some say max DLS is 5-6 inches, other say females can get up to 8 inches
@DomGom TheFather gave me some guidance when setting up my sling. Maybe he will chime in on adult size enclosures. I’m feeling it out as it grows and expect my collection to be thinned out by the time I get to that point.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
My largest is sub adult and she's in a 7x5x7.
It's about 2/3 - 3/4 filled with substrate.
She's been in this enclosure for years and will probably get a rehouse next molt.
They don't require all the depth they can handle. If you gave them a 55 gallon drum, I'd bet you it would find the bottom... And stay there. I know they dig deep in the wild but this ain't the wild. In captivity they've been known to barricade themselves and literally starve down there. I've had great results setting mine up this way. They eat. They surface. They hunker down. I get to keep an eye on them and controlling the conditions is as simple as a syringe of water when things get too dry.

I think a 12x12x12 would be a good size at some point. They grow pretty slow and rarely venture out.

Hope this helps.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Mine lives in a ten gallon aquarium, I think about 24" x 10" x 12" high or so. Filled about 3/4 full with #60 of top soil and a water dish. I got it about three and a half years ago when it was about two inches, dropped it in and it dug straight to the bottom, end to end. I think it's around four inches or so now.