P. muticus substrate

Yrrej

Arachnopeon
So i have the king baboon for a week now and the bottom half of the substrate is still moist and condensing, should i change the substrate or leave it be? 20170622_183146.jpg 20170622_183146.jpg
Below is the domain itself
20170622_183146.jpg

kooky

Arachnosquire
i just left mine, it dried out eventually. I also took out some substrate at the top to create more space so the ventilation holes weren't blocked with dirt and just left it be.

Yrrej

Arachnopeon
i just left mine, it dried out eventually. I also took out some substrate at the top to create more space so the ventilation holes weren't blocked with dirt and just left it be.
Some ventilation holes are indeed blocked,but would it be okay in that i am disturbing the king in the process of removing excess substrate?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'd take some off the top so you have more room to work. If you let it fill up too much it'll be harder to maintain work space and it'll make a blind spot area. I doubt removing it will be noticed by the T who will be more concerned with the tunnels.

Yrrej

Arachnopeon
I'd take some off the top so you have more room to work. If you let it fill up too much it'll be harder to maintain work space and it'll make a blind spot area. I doubt removing it will be noticed by the T who will be more concerned with the tunnels.
Removed most from the top,the T just stayed inside the tunnels whilst i removed the substrate
Will this do? 20170622_220356.jpg

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
My set up is exactly the same except with smaller vent holes but many more of them, some even going down the enclosure. I let mine dry out as the T didn't seem to care. It's a very hardy species. I would just leave it.