P muticus max size?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
title says it all.. theres a lot more exaggerated sizes out there than i realized, just wondering what i can expect from my girl. ive read 9" everywhere, but i doubt it. is around 6-7" a reasonable guess?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have seen some females that look real big. Not just in comparison to MM, actual monsters for a baboon sp.

I think 9" is maybe on the larger side but I have seen a few specimens at 7.5-8" easy. I would think maybe this is average and I just hope my girls turn out on the larger end (even if takes another 6 years):rofl:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I have seen some females that look real big. Not just in comparison to MM, actual monsters for a baboon sp.

I think 9" is maybe on the larger side but I have seen a few specimens at 7.5-8" easy. I would think maybe this is average and I just hope my girls turn out on the larger end (even if takes another 6 years :rofl:

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is a solid 7" but I don't often get a chance to evaluate its growth as an adult since I see it very seldom. I definitely think you're wise to question the 9" claims... there are usually a hundred people spreading around "what they've heard" in terms of maximum size for some species for every one that can back up the claims with evidence. I guess in the minds of some the exaggeration makes it more interesting? Who knows. They definitely get large and are a great spider to keep!

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
there are usually a hundred people spreading around "what they've heard" in terms of maximum size for some species!

So then you're going to totally discount the fact that my brother's wife has a sister, who back in college, dated a guy who's brother kept P.muticus, and all his adults were 12".:meh:

Not cool man:meh:, you gotta trust people.:troll: