P.Muticus I rescued.

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I seen this P.muticus at a reptile store, poor thing was in what looks like dirt dug up from the side of the road with a bunch of rocks in it.

IMG_20200704_150640.jpg IMG_20200704_150834.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The rocks is what gets me.... :eek:....we’re they on top or just all throughout?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It got sent to them in standard shipping. You know that whoever housed it just grabbed random soil and threw it in and said best of luck. Sad

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
THEY SELL LIKE 5 DIFFERENT KINDS OF SUITABLE SUBSTRATE!!!!!!

I HATE CHEAPSKATES!!!!

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
THEY SELL LIKE 5 DIFFERENT KINDS OF SUITABLE SUBSTRATE!!!!!!

I HATE CHEAPSKATES!!!!
You should have seen the regalia and ornata. Unfortunately I didn't want to shell out a ton of money. But they had zero substrate and had like 1 or 2 leaves and a skinny stick. It was horrifying.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
You should have seen the regalia and ornata. Unfortunately I didn't want to shell out a ton of money. But they had zero substrate and had like 1 or 2 leaves and a skinny stick. It was horrifying.
That’s absolutely terrible I’ve seen one enclosure that was absolutely unreal. There was a Avic Metallica at the pet store I used to go to and it had no where no leaves no cork bark or sticks and no substrate it was a almost 5x5x10 enclosure with a .25inch sling in it the poor thing probably died from stress.

cold blood

Staff member
Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with the dirt....rocks are something every fossorial deals with, its not an issue.

An enclosure full of that is just fine.

Sounds like the pokies had it a lot worse.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with the dirt....rocks are something every fossorial deals with, its not an issue.

An enclosure full of that is just fine.

Sounds like the pokies had it a lot worse.
For or five thumb sized rocks in a deli cup though?
It isn't like there is much room to dig around them.
It would have taken two seconds to pick the big ones out.