P. Murinus Ventral

CominUpThrillho

Arachnopeon
IMG_2818.JPG IMG_3735.JPG

Anyone wanna take a shot at a ventral sexing of my P. Murinus? It trashes its old exos, so I never get a real look. I am really awful at ventral sexing, personally....

**I tried to add this to the "Tarantula Sexing" media, but it wouldnt let me....

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'd say male. Females usually have lips at that size and a light sheen just above the furrow.

EDIT: I can now see that it has it upon a second look and zoom. Plus males usually have super close booklungs, well typically in this sp.

My apologies. going female aha

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think female too. How big is she? I have a mature male looking for a girlfriend!

CominUpThrillho

Arachnopeon
Hooray :). Female was my thought too, but I am historically the worst at ventral sexing. Seems like OBTs are a little easier with ventrals, though...

She's about 4". Id like to help ya, but I'm definitely not up for any breeding projects right now :).

Bonus shot of her throwing a tantrum because I accidentally shined my phone light at her:

Murph.jpg

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hooray :). Female was my thought too, but I am historically the worst at ventral sexing. Seems like OBTs are a little easier with ventrals, though...

She's about 4". Id like to help ya, but I'm definitely not up for any breeding projects right now :).

Bonus shot of her throwing a tantrum because I accidentally shined my phone light at her:

View attachment 227183
I almost want one just to see them throw themselves on their back. What drama "prophets".

CominUpThrillho

Arachnopeon
I almost want one just to see them throw themselves on their back. What drama "prophets".

Yeah, its ridiculous. From "EEK!" to, "hahaha, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw" in about 5 seconds. I also have a Juvie OBT (2.5" suspect male) who has yet to give me any threat poses.... Its interesting how much personalities can differ, even within the same species.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah, its ridiculous. From "EEK!" to, "hahaha, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw" in about 5 seconds. I also have a Juvie OBT (2.5" suspect male) who has yet to give me any threat poses.... Its interesting how much personalities can differ, even within the same species.
I have kept a SA male murinus RCF for a friend while the were travelling. He was almost always on show and was never really defensive. Though every time I see my AF she has the fists up aha

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Same here. I don't like teasing my animals to get them to show their defense, but since P.murinus apparently needs nothing more than a quick glance or turning on the lights, it wouldn't take much at all. :D
But no thanks. I'll just stick to seeing them on YouTube, or pictures here. I'll leave the risks to others :p