P.murinus rehouse

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Did anyone else experienced that p.murinus didn't move at all after you rehoused but until then was moving around pretty well? In your experience how long did it take you until he or she started moving again? My first time seeing a T not moving at all after rehouse so I was curious

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
it varies dependingon how stressed i got em during the process of the rehouse(dug out the burrow etc.)i noticed if its during the day they might just hunker down in a corner not moving for a good long bit until they feel safe or its dark your positive there was no injuries to your t?but normallyi just release from the cup right infront of the hide and starter burrow i had set up prior transfer usually they go right under but not always

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
it varies dependingon how stressed i got em during the process of the rehouse(dug out the burrow etc.)i noticed if its during the day they might just hunker down in a corner not moving for a good long bit until they feel safe or its dark your positive there was no injuries to your t?but normallyi just release from the cup right infront of the hide and starter burrow i had set up prior transfer usually they go right under but not always
Yeah she is fine actually :) she took some time in one corner so I got little bit worried but last time I checked she started exploring her new home. I do cup method too because its 100% escape proof and probably the safest method for rehousing, with these species I first take out all the stuff she can hide under and completely remove all the web because they seem to calm down little bit with temperament if they no longer feel secured in their home and it allows for easier rehouse, yes I also thought stress could be why she wasnt moving because rehouse didnt go too easy with her but thankfully she is in bigger enclosure which should last her about few molts until she can go in her final permanent enclosure. I just think she is big but not that much to go in full grown adult enclosure just yet :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yes tarantulas sometimes hunker down in one place after a rehouse

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Thank you for amazing replies! :) she is actually doing amazing now and just got her first food in her new home, made very nice home under her cork bark that i placed as hide and even webbed up so that's very good indication she's loving in there :)

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
I would be happy if one of my P. murinus would keep still...
She's doing fine now but it looks like she only loves under the cork bark and that's where she's standing all the time... hopefully she comes out too and start webbing outside as well, do you have any idea how to get her to come out often? She never comes out anymore and that's the only spot she chosen for webbing