P. murinus RED PHASE??

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hey all, i looked on the AB photo gallery and couldn't find any pics of a red-phase p. murinus. can anyone direct me to a pic or help me out? i don't know what the diff is or what they look like? :?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well red phase is just one that is the orange color as opposed to the more dull color variations that lack the vibrant orange. CedrikG's photo thread will show the best display of baboon pics IMO. my pic thread has photos of male and female P.murinus in the brightly colored form.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

Theres 4 color form know today

Red color form
Usambara mountain variant
Typical color form
Dark color form

The red color form behind the more common in the hobby, with a bright orange coloration.

Usambara mountain variant

Red color form

Hope it helps

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Funny, everyone always calls the red colour form an "usambara," and every other form as just a P.murinus. When I hear "usambara" I think of the red/ orange morph.

What is the locality of the orange, if not the Usambara mountains, then?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
RCF = Usambara mountains area, probably extending to Arusha (Tanzania, also Kenya).

I beleive that we also find the Usambara mountain variant in this area as well.

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great thread with great insight I must say, RCF, DCF,TCF, and UMV, no matter what, it's one of the best tarantulas in terms of appeal, attitude, and popularity as I realized from sticking around here quite a bit.:D