P.murinus pics

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yours looks around the same size as mine but it is the last spider I would ever attempt to hold.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

hey, awsome pics! mine should be here tommorow!(2) I know Joy also held her usambara, you are both brave!

James

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine are finally just starting to get used to me... they are allowing me to stick a hand in the cage without making a fuss so I hope to handle them within another couple of months.

WC specimens take a lot of time and persistance before they can be played with IME.... some never do calm down (cobalt blue for example)

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Beautiful colors! How do you coax yours out of its retreat?

Joy

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:eek: =D :eek: Are you related to Joy. :eek: =D :eek:

I don't think that will ever be similar to a picture that I will take!

Big Dragonfly

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
WOW!!! your brave and im scared to death about holding a immature male G. Rosea:8o

Last edited:

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I should REALLY shoot all of you who have P. Murinus' that won't attack you.. lol, jk.. But seriously, lucky you!

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful colors! How do you coax yours out of its retreat?
most of you will probably retract the brave comments and replace them with insane when you hear how i got her out of the retreat and into my hand.

i got her that far out (and maybe an inch more after i took the picture) by blowing on her through the bars behind, she probably decided that she wasn't going to be able to escape the wind so she stopped to enjoy it. i then took an old guitar string and bent it into a loop, so i wouldn't poke her, and stuck it through the bars and gently nudged her out. once she was free of the web i stuck my hand in over top of her and caged her with my fingers and directed her out of the tank and pushed her up on to my hand.

I hold my Usambara..She is a sweetheart.
mine is too, the nicest tarantula i have. i think it is a g.pulchra in disguise.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Makes you wonder if with a little selective breeding we could have little orange fireballs that weren't quite so fiery. Then again, I'm looking forward to my slings growing up so I can see something 1/500th of my weight fall over it's so mad at me, if they turned out to be peaceniks I'd miss out on that :D

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm looking forward to my slings growing up so I can see something 1/500th of my weight fall over it's so mad at me
i was hoping for that when i bought her, mainly because my juv h. lividums are all very docile and can be handled too.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine has it's bipolar moods...I am lucky to catch her at the right time.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The funniest arachnid moment of my life was my first day with my Usumbara when it got so mad that it tipped over backwards and hissed all the while. I left the room for five minutes and came back and it was still on its back.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
The funniest arachnid moment of my life was my first day with my Usumbara when it got so mad that it tipped over backwards and hissed all the while. I left the room for five minutes and came back and it was still on its back.
That happens to me all the time, except mine rights itself.