P. Murinus (OBT) RCF Unusually Passive

Lukimoo

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've noticed a big change in my P. Murinus RCF behavior in the last few months. I got her as a young female (6-7cm) 4 months ago. After settling in her enclosure, she made a small burrow under a piece of corkbark, where she would stay most of the time, coming out at night, mostly hanging at the side of the enclosure. She would always slowly crawl out for feeding.

She went into pre-molt more than 2 months ago and carried out her molt 5 weeks ago. She took a decent size dubia during the following feeding (she would eat 1 a week before the molt). Since then, I haven't seen her outside, and there are no signs of her coming out. She also completely ignores any feeders in her enclosure (dubias, crickets of various sizes).

I'm probably overthinking this, but it's cause she seems unlike anything I read about OBTs.

Photos of her enclosure: She usually stays in the webbed area.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
You described my P. murinus perfectly. The more I watch mine, and read about others’ specimens, it seems that they are quite easygoing if you provide them with a significant hide (mine takes up half the enclosure), and don’t mess with them.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have a few dozen P. murinus and they are all very passive. Ignoring food isn't normal for mine, though, for that amount of time. Are you able to shine a lamp in and see her?

Lukimoo

Arachnopeon
I have a few dozen P. murinus and they are all very passive. Ignoring food isn't normal for mine, though, for that amount of time. Are you able to shine a lamp in and see her?
Yeah, I can see her, but it's impossible to take a photo. What should I look for? When I move the enclosure she's moving around slowly. Her abdomen is bigger than I expected, but not quite pre-molt size. It's hard to say for sure though, because there is webbing everywhere.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's okay, a photo isn't needed... just so long as you can locate her to know she is alive. If her abdomen is large, perhaps she is just full?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I feel like they are often misrepresented just because they are fast and has an OW personality aside from that its hugs and kisses.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Does it have access to water on a regular basis? i didn't notice a dish in the enclosure.

Lukimoo

Arachnopeon
Does it have access to water on a regular basis? i didn't notice a dish in the enclosure.
I don't give her a water dish all the time, cause she just uses it as a trash can. I put one in, once in a while but it's either filled with stuff after one night, or like now, she didn't touch it for weeks.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I don't give her a water dish all the time, cause she just uses it as a trash can. I put one in, once in a while but it's either filled with stuff after one night, or like now, she didn't touch it for weeks.
You should provide all your Ts with water dishes. You might not see it so often, but they do drink from it for sure :). Just take it out and clean it when it gets gross and repeat...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Every T is different, I've had around five OBTs in the past, three were 'passive' while two were the spawn of the devil