P.murinus "dark" form

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You didn't account for the $1000 plus and paper work to legally import them. Please don't import without a permit, it's a felony. Know your laws before you go buying outside of the US.
I'm a bit confused who's importing illegally outside the US?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Read much, Jose? I don't think I need to explain this. Since you are having a rough morning, I will spell it out for you.

I never, nor did gottarantulas, say that he was importing illegaly. He thought he could buy from the Spider Shop, which is a well known retailer out of the UK. He compared the shipping costs of buying from the UK and Canada to Joe Rossi's high pricing. Joe and the OP are in the same state so he wouldn't have to pay shipping. I don't think he realized US prices are so much higher than other countries because of our import laws.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Importing from Canada is a $1000 plus the requirement of an import/export license, plus liable to host of other fees. Importing from the U.K. is a whole lot easier.... $200 to $400 minimum purchase, depending on the retailer and the requirement of an import/export license. I did my research and have already applied for an import/export license.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Read much, Jose? I don't think I need to explain this. Since you are having a rough morning, I will spell it out for you.

I never, nor did gottarantulas, say that he was importing illegaly. He thought he could buy from the Spider Shop, which is a well known retailer out of the UK. He compared the shipping costs of buying from the UK and Canada to Joe Rossi's high pricing. Joe and the OP are in the same state so he wouldn't have to pay shipping. I don't think he realized US prices are so much higher than other countries because of our import laws.
Yes I did need you to spell it out for me I usually like to read comments that are specifically written. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

rally

Arachnosquire
Most (if not all) OW baboons have them and all arboreals have them as well.
WELL, BLOW ME DOWN!
The only spiders I readily see in threat poses in photographs are OBTs. Thank you for that, you save me from sounding like a fool in the future. Now what to do about the present....hmmm.

So you believe she is talking about the reflective scopulae (foot pads) from bright light or camera flash?
Yes, I'm afraid that's exactly what I was referring to. Scopulae.. I'm inferring that they're NOT iridescent in low/ambient lighting, perhaps black.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Importing from Canada is a $1000 plus the requirement of an import/export license, plus liable to host of other fees. Importing from the U.K. is a whole lot easier.... $200 to $400 minimum purchase, depending on the retailer and the requirement of an import/export license. I did my research and have already applied for an import/export license.
And look up how much is the import/ export license is and add that to your minimum purchase. If it were worth it most U.S. hobbyists would have all the rares for a fraction of the cost.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Yes I did need you to spell it out for me I usually like to read comments that are specifically written. Thanks for clarifying.
All the specifics were there for the taking. All you had to do was read what I quoted. It even named the poster. Your comments were like a child who wonders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what's going on.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All the specifics were there for the taking. All you had to do was read what I quoted. It even named the poster. Your comments were like a child who wonders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what's going on.
Are you having a bad morning? You want a lollipop with your comment?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

You're on a roll today, Chase.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
My point was there was no reason for you to bring up illegal importation.
He's on a roll of being idiotic. He was already assuming that he was going to purchase the spider illegally without just asking a simple question to gottatarantulas if he had an import license.

That's why CEC said please don't import without a permit, it's a felony. Know your laws before you go buying outside of the US.

We don't know how he was going to purchase the spider therefore why bring up the illegal importation of animals? And it is why I asked a rational question and received an idiotic response.
By what gottarantulas said about comparing the shipping costs from the UK to a local higher price implies he doesn't have a permit....and what do you know, he doesn't have a permit. He said he would have bought it if they weren't sold out. Sorry sir but asking questions that are easily answered by reading, I consider that idiotic or just plain lazy. I couldn't make myself any clearer in my post and in my follow up answer I gave you.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't think he realized US prices are so much higher than other countries because of our import laws.
Save for genus Theraphosa seems. Damn, here (and in UK) are priced even as slings, in USA there's people that bought 0.1 for less than $60.

I'm not able to figure out how's that possible.

Unfair :-/

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Plain lazy on your part just simply asking him directly how he was going to purchase a spider from the UK, instead you assumed he was going to import illegally. Besides is it really your business or mine how he gets his spiders? I asked a questions that I needed clarification and you responded with a stupid remark.

In the end who cares how he gets his spiders or wether you're right or if I'm right.
I didn't have to ask, his comments wouldn't make any sense if he had a permit.

You asked questions, you could have answered yourself.

Yes, it does matter, the more people that do this, eventually, the more restrictions they will put on imports. I was just trying to inform him and keep him outta trouble, he might not know and ignorance is no excuse to the Feds. I have seen this a lot, too many times to not say anything.

My point was to inform him, I meant no harm by it. Everyone was ignorant to our hobby's import laws at one point. Your comments on the other hand were useless and unacceptable from someone with your experience, you know better.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Save for genus Theraphosa seems. Damn, here (and in UK) are priced even as slings, in USA there's people that bought 0.1 for less than $60.

For stirmi, sure, but good luck finding a blondi for cheaper.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I think that tarantulas go back and forth between our borders on a regular basis through dealers. Can I suggest that you put out a thread, or approach some of your bigger sellers stateside, and ask if anyone imports from Canada? Then, if any of them say that they do, approach them and ask them if they could import a specific tarantula for you.
I have approached Amanda, at Tarantula Canada, about importing specific spiders from U.S. dealers and she did offer to keep her eye open for me. She, and the other dealer, would have all the necessary paperwork in place and they would come into Canada legally and above board.
TarCan even sends an email out to all their subscribers, when they are preparing to do an import, asking us to let them know if any of us have specific requests.
There has got to be U.S. sellers prepared to do the same thing if they already import from Canada... or elsewhere.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince

Where can I find a 0.1 for less than $60?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Where can I find a 0.1 for less than $60?
I don't know but definitely not here (in Italy/UK, I mean) :-/

If I'm not wrong once EulersK said that he payed his female $60, maybe less. Here a sling would cost more lol

P.S

Not T.blondi, of course.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I don't know but definitely not here (in Italy/UK, I mean) :-/

If I'm not wrong once EulersK said that he payed his female $60, maybe less. Here a sling would cost more lol

P.S

Not T.blondi, of course.
Oh yeah I saw that post, but that's a really really cheap price for a stirmi, especially if I remember correctly the $15 slings (@EulersK ). Most stirmi slings cost more than $60 here too.