P.murinus "dark" form

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few months back Stamp's Tarantulas was selling P.murinus "dark" form. In that time, I went out of town and was contemplating buying a pair. Of course with my luck, when I returned home and was set to purchase, they were sold out. So my questions goes out to the lucky few who purchased some of the P.murinus "dark" form examples. What has been their growth rate? Has their growth rate been comparable to OBT "red" form? Now several months in, have they taken on the darker form? And can members of the Arachnoboards fam see some pics?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
That is top of my must have list . I have both RCF and TCF but the DCF has always eluded me . I think they are all about the same as far as growth and attitude . If can get some I say don't hesitate.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Poec54, yes Stamp's was selling them as a pair. I of course wouldn't have paired as they matured, I assumed that they were in all likelihood sac mates.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
BorisTheSpider, where did you get your TCF P.murinus from?
I got it at a show in spring . The person at the table was only watching things for the actual seller who "had stepped away to handle something" . I never got to talk to the seller so I have no idea where they got it from . The table only had a few Ts and they were all rose hairs and pink toes so I can't imagine where the TCF could have come from . Unlike my RCFs which I see all the time , my TCF is an absolute pet hole . I never see it . Not even a late night peek here and there . The most I get are slight changes to it's webbing and the occasional exuvia . I'm hoping that as it matures more it starts to venture out a tad more .

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is a baby sling and loves to be on top like an arboreal. Whether this is normal for them I couldn't tell you. It eats great never refuses food. Since she's only a baby I only have a photo of it as a baby sling.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys for your insight. My quest continues for tan and dark forms. My understanding from someone over in the U.K. that has had experience keeping all three sub-species, they tend to have different behavioral characteristics amongst the three. The dark form tends to act as an arboreal, the tan and red forms acting terrestrial/fossorial.

Bread

Arachnopeon
Not sure where you are based but spidershop here in the UK have an adult DCF in now.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Not sure where you are based but spidershop here in the UK have an adult DCF in now.
If you hover the mouse pointer over the members avatar it will display there location in a drop down, if they have listed it.

rally

Arachnosquire
Does DCF have the same aqua-blue on the inside of the legs? I haven't been able to find a picture of P.murinus DCF in threat posture.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Does DCF have the same aqua-blue on the inside of the legs? I haven't been able to find a picture of P.murinus DCF in threat posture.
Most (if not all) OW baboons have them and all arboreals have them as well.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I don't exactly know what your referring to? "Same aqua-blue on the inside of the legs" compared to which species?

Most (if not all) OW baboons have them and all arboreals have them as well.
So you believe she is talking about the reflective scopulae (foot pads) from bright light or camera flash?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
So you believe she is talking about the reflective scopulae (foot pads) from bright light or camera flash?
I think so, that's the only aqua-blue part of an OBT I can think of.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bob Barley good looking out! I actually hadn't checked Joe Rossi's listings in a while. I found a couple of retailers selling them in the U.K. and Canada and when all is said and done with respect to shipping, it would probably come out about the same price as Joe's advertised price. A shout out also goes to Bread, I had also seen the listing for the adult P. murinus DCF the Spider Shop had. When I finally decide to purchase, it had been sold already.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Bob Barley good looking out! I actually hadn't checked Joe Rossi's listings in a while. I found a couple of retailers selling them in the U.K. and Canada and when all is said and done with respect to shipping, it would probably come out about the same price as Joe's advertised price. A shout out also goes to Bread, I had also seen the listing for the adult P. murinus DCF the Spider Shop had. When I finally decide to purchase, it had been sold already.
You didn't account for the $1000 plus and paper work to legally import them. Please don't import without a permit, it's a felony. Know your laws before you go buying outside of the US.