P. mirinus egg sack help

x-topher

Arachnopeon
The pet store I work for just had a P. mirinus drop an egg sack, but it's kind of in a bad spot. We keep most of our T's in an apporx. 24"X6"X10" tank with glass deviders that make 6 seperate compartments. The sack is webbed up near the top, so it would be somewhat easy to get to. But I've never had this happen before. I know it can't be left there, cause if they hatch out, they will scatter everywhere in the reptile room. What should I do? How should I set it up?

Thank you in advance!

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You might have to move the whole works to a seperate container. Perferable is one that has a nice fitting lid so no escapes are going to happen. Other wise check out the threads for egg sac care. One way or another your going to have to move that egg sac..........sorry......

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get pictures. The worst thing you could do is move the sack. We'll have to see exactly what we're dealing with.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had the same problem with the same species but, mine was (and still is) in a Kritter Keeper with ventilation on the sides as well. I just moved the kritter keeper in to my large 50 gallon (any size that the kritter keeper can fit inside and are able to securely close a secure lid to would work) aquarium with nothing inside it. I then waited until the eggsac hatched and the spiderlings dispersed then I removed mom and seperated spiderlings into there seperate vials.

Anyways, pictures would be nice to help us help you. I wouldn't move the eggsac because of the risks involved.

Brian