P. Miranda?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ok i see that all these people are advertising p. miranda for sale, my question is does anyone here really have one in their possesion or are they waiting for them ? i would like to see a pic of one of the slings at least--Jeff

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i know about the pic on birdspiders.com, i'm talking about the slings that are for sale at 155.00 each, i've seen that pic a hundred times,i'm talking about the actual ones that are being sold, thanks anyhow--Jeff

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jeff,
Getting any? They just came Thurs. night, so dealers may not have them in their hands just yet.
john

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well i'm saving right now to get 1 or 2, i've got a little saved right now, i know that they should be an awesome investment even if i wind up with a male its still pretty valuable, if i do i know i'll be looking to a split with you if you get some for sure, yeah i wanna get at least 2, gonna break my back all week to get the money no matter what and next week more than likly too, thats cool that came in on thursday though, i need to get on the phone here--Jeff

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for posting that pic, Tony! Do you know for sure it's Henrik's? Great angle - the tarsi look like little black socks. ;) That's it - no longer Salem Spotted Ornamental, it's Black Socked Ornamental ! :D

Anyway, they should be arriving any day now.

bill

Last edited:

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So are they even in the country yet? I haven't heard from Frank in a while.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: re

Originally posted by Weapon-X

i know about the pic on birdspiders.com, i'm talking about the slings that are for sale at 155.00 each,
155 $ ?!?! Go here >>click me<< there they where offered for about half that price:

--8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<-

Poecilotheria Miranda for sale
I still have a few Miranda Spiderlings left...
1 for 90 Euro
10 for 800 Euro

;P ;P ;P

BTW, 1 EUR is about 1 $.

sorry, couldn't resist, ;P (BTW IMHO both is still too expensive for small spiderlings)
Martin

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Re: Re: re

Originally posted by Martin H.
155 $ ?!?! Go here >>click me<< there they where offered for about half that price:

Poecilotheria Miranda for sale
I still have a few Miranda Spiderlings left...
1 for 90 Euro
10 for 800 Euro

;P ;P ;P

BTW, 1 EUR is about 1 $.

sorry, couldn't resist, ;P (BTW IMHO both is still too expensive for small spiderlings)
Martin
I agree, it's expensive - but Henrik, who is the sole supplier of these spiders, is selling these spiders in EUROPE at a price that's about what (speaking for myself) I am getting them for wholesale.

P. subfusca is still an $80-90 spider as spiderlings. The USA prices for inverts are higher than Europe because we have VERY strict import regulations (we don't get those rare unique specimens occasionally 'appearing' from India and other closed countries) and people are generally willing to pay more.

As has been said ad nauseum, if they're too expensive for anyone, they can wait a few years until (maybe) they're bred more. We U.S. dealers aren't price-gouging. We're paying top dollar, ourselves. If we didn't make any markup on them, it wouldn't be worth the trouble of importing them at all.

So basically, we can have them here for at high prices (thanks to the high pricing set at the source) or we can not have them at all. *shrug* It's a catch-22.

bill

Last edited:

NYInsectZoo

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria miranda

Hi all,
The miranda arrived last week.They will be going out this week.They are different compared to other poke spiderlings.

Frank

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Can you show us some pics of the small slingies?

Ðennis

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
P. miranda sling pic

Hey all,

This picture was recently posted by John Hoke, but I had to move the post to the classifieds forum. Here is the pic back where it should be though :)

Thanks for the Great Pic John!!!

Scott

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What a cutie!!!
But it can't match the colors on my Pamphobeteus Platyomma S'ling =D

Ðennis

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nah.. your Pamphobeteus Platyomma can't match the colors of my Psalmopoeus irminia sling. :)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know this isn't a S'ling show-off thread, but I just want Theraphosa to know where he's talking about :p . My P. Platyomma rules!

Eating a cricket

Exploring my neverending hands....

But I have to admit, your S'ling doesn't look bad either...

Ðennis

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha! too bad I don't have a good digital camera. oh well.. but hey... your sling isn't bad either... I like the black and orange colors...

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta wonder if that is Vitalius Wacketi or P. 'playtomma'.

Pampho-classification is in a mess. Was our pattern-recognition ever meant to go so far?