p.mettalica molt up date with pics

losct2381

Arachnosquire
My female p mettalica molted on Fri to I find her wondering around her enclosure. So I blethers out to strechand for some pics take a look

big girl huh lol

losct2381

Arachnosquire
all of those pics where taken with my att atria 4g. now att goata pay me for advertisement lol. but yeah i was impressed how good the pics are

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Jeez laweez, that pokie's gorgeous!! I'd have my room filled with those if the slings weren't $200 xD

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Breathtaking, my juvie 1.2" is completely black i'll be expecting a molt later today.

Blurboy

Arachnopeon
That's one stunning lady you have there. I look at the adult pictures and look at my little lady and I can't wait to see her as colourful as that - truly awesome :clap:

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
is 1.2" still black color ?

im wondering what size does p.metalica starting turn blue ?
I have measured it at approx this size, it is at least an inch... but yea it was a dull grey colour with darker grey markings and slightly blue hairs, but it almost looked transparent.

From the past 2 days it has gone almost jet black, i'll get some pics of it later to post.

This is my first venture into the genus so I am no expert on them, I would assume it will get its colours in the next molt-2 molts.

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
I have measured it at approx this size, it is at least an inch... but yea it was a dull grey colour with darker grey markings and slightly blue hairs, but it almost looked transparent.

From the past 2 days it has gone almost jet black, i'll get some pics of it later to post.

This is my first venture into the genus so I am no expert on them, I would assume it will get its colours in the next molt-2 molts.
the jet black colour means the sling is going to molting right ?

i have one at home about 1.5 - 2 cm and the colour exactly what you have mentioned above dull grey colour with darker grey markings and have no blue hairs yet.

is your p.metallica like hiding rather than hang out in the log ?

Zman181

Arachnoknight
;)Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Great shots. Now I can prove to my coworker that these magnificant spiders are trully as blue as she :)

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the jet black colour means the sling is going to molting right ?

i have one at home about 1.5 - 2 cm and the colour exactly what you have mentioned above dull grey colour with darker grey markings and have no blue hairs yet.

is your p.metallica like hiding rather than hang out in the log ?
It sits on the side of the vial mostly or underneath the web, but it has webbed the flooring and little moss strands to make a fortification.

Now it is sitting on top of this, and yes the jet black colour is indicative of an imminent molt, especially on the legs.

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
It sits on the side of the vial mostly or underneath the web, but it has webbed the flooring and little moss strands to make a fortification.

Now it is sitting on top of this, and yes the jet black colour is indicative of an imminent molt, especially on the legs.
great

that means my metallica also going to molt real soon.

no wonder it has been fasting for few days, all of its legs also black colours.