p.mettalica molt up date with pics

losct2381

Arachnosquire
thanks everyone yeah she is one of my prizes. im going to do the whole p.smithi experience too real soon i just been so buys at work. but i will be picking up a alot of new slings soon. i cant wait till the warmer weather sets in and my job calms down. but yes i will be going to anastasia soon as i get a break but. that mettalica is about 7 inch now

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
great

that means my metallica also going to molt real soon.

no wonder it has been fasting for few days, all of its legs also black colours.
Ok here is the measurements, it just molted!

Old Exuvium: 1''
Now: 1.2''

Didnt grow a massive amount on the ruler but this is standard as a sling... but when you factor this in; it just grew by 1/5th of it's overall length which I guess is a huge difference.

The colour is still dullish but it's hard to tell as she/he is transparent from just molting 2 hours ago.
The legs are exhibiting a bluer hue though.

Blurboy

Arachnopeon
Here's my juvenile metallica - I can only get pictures when shes eating as otherwise she does a runner as soon as I go anywhere near her :wall: I'm going to re-house her soon so hopefully I'll get some pictures from the front too :clap:

Attachments

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
Ok here is the measurements, it just molted!

Old Exuvium: 1''
Now: 1.2''

Didnt grow a massive amount on the ruler but this is standard as a sling... but when you factor this in; it just grew by 1/5th of it's overall length which I guess is a huge difference.

The colour is still dullish but it's hard to tell as she/he is transparent from just molting 2 hours ago.
The legs are exhibiting a bluer hue though.
congratz

probably still need few more molting to see its real colour right ?

btw is your pokie run very very fast ?

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congratz

probably still need few more molting to see its real colour right ?

btw is your pokie run very very fast ?
Nope now the skin is hardened it is has turned blue on the legs, although not as vibrant as the typical Metallica, but yea it should get that soon!

energizer2010

Arachnopeon
my brother just recently got his hands on a sling p. Metallica. I can't wait for it to grow up and mature. Yours looks absolutely gorgeous. The p. Metallica is so on my wish list as well. Very good pics!

losct2381

Arachnosquire
thank u but to be honest i kind of cheated i got her she was already almost that size i have only had her for about 2 or three months now that was her first molt in m care. but yes she is one of my prize tarantulas i. am going to get into a p.smithi sling in the up in coming weeks for anastasia thats where i got the p.metallica from

Krayzie

Arachnopeon
Nope now the skin is hardened it is has turned blue on the legs, although not as vibrant as the typical Metallica, but yea it should get that soon!
yesterday morning my p.metallica also molted, i could only picked up its old skin and the pokie itself was hiding under the log.

i didnt see much different in its size but thats TRUE, finally i can see blue colours on the legs !

here are the picts

that pic above was taken before its molt.

favourite hiding spot