P. Metallica vanished!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
You gotta zoom in on the pic a ton, you'll see how it's made eventually lol. What looks like a gap is actually just the top edge of the side with the lid over hanging that part.
View attachment 242401
Doubt that helps any lmao, but I tried.
That enclosure is so deceptive, we've all been bamboozled by it, well it was fun while it lasted...lol

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Throughout this important discussion of the engineering marvels of the complex design of the constructural stylings of the Zoog acrylic enclosure... OP's sling is probably safely burrowed, happily and blissfully unaware this thread exists. o_O

OP, on the other hand, will return, take a glance at this thread, and ultimately decide to escape the madness of AB. :wacky:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Throughout this important discussion of the engineering marvels of the complex design of the constructural stylings of the Zoog acrylic enclosure... OP's sling is probably safely burrowed, happily and blissfully unaware this thread exists. o_O

OP, on the other hand, will return, take a glance at this thread, and ultimately decide to escape the madness of AB. :wacky:
Nice one @Ellenantula, the OP will never come back after this madness, it must be infectious.

cold blood

Staff member
You gotta zoom in on the pic a ton, you'll see how it's made eventually lol. What looks like a gap is actually just the top edge
yeah, i zoomed in, im not mentally disabled...:shifty:. the gap looked open, but was just too clear for me to see....i had a strong feeling i was missing something.

But it's not a gap ;). Lol, this is fun.
i can finally see that now...lol.

You've outlined a space that's completely part of the lid itself -- that inner line is actually front wall top edge seen through the clear lid top.
which is exactly the part i needed to see....it looked open in the op, the subsequent pics show the gap i thought was there, is indeed covered.

That enclosure is so deceptive, we've all been bamboozled by it, well it was fun while it lasted...lol
agree, very deceptive.

Thanks y'all for clearing this up....hopefully the op returns with positive news.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
You know, the acrylic DOES look slightly warped, though. With a sliding lid like that, you're relying completely on the edges being true for it to be functional. If the lid is even a teeny bit mishapen, it could compromise the contact on that front edge. Also, if the back panel is off by a bit, the lid might also not line up properly there either.

In summary, I wouldn't use this enclosure.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Only if lid warped/bowed upwards would it be an escape concern (or if lid bowed downwards, opening/closing top would be of concern).
But you could warp/bow that front wall 90 degrees horizontally and as long as it was same height vertically -- that lid would remain flush.

(Though it would definitely impact how other sides joined to the front wall warped piece horizontally lol).

Last edited:

Esque

Arachnopeon
Managed to find my p. Met during last weekend. Found among some books after taking bit by bit of the items in the book. Going to just put her on a deli cup till she is bigger before putting her back in the zoog enclosure again. Thanks all for the posts!

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Managed to find my p. Met during last weekend. Found among some books after taking bit by bit of the items in the book. Going to just put her on a deli cup till she is bigger before putting her back in the zoog enclosure again. Thanks all for the posts!
Pretty cool you found it

Esque

Arachnopeon
It's challenging to find good enclosure for tarantulas in my country... coz it's actually illegal to keep them as pets here. :angelic: