P. Metallica vanished!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
right at the top...that gap is huge....i cant believe its not obvious to everyone who looks. I dont know how people dont see that gap i stantly.
If you zoom in, it's just the lid overhanging the side. Took me forever to figure that out... that enclosure is a jungle of acrylic.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
right at the top...that gap is huge....i cant believe its not obvious to everyone who looks. I dont know how people dont see that gap i stantly.
Yeah, no. Look carefully at the lid. The lid overhangs the front and the back wall goes up higher than the lid. I have a cage with a similar top.

cold blood

Staff member
right under the word ZOOG you can see the gap...at the right, its tighter, as it should be....the rest looks slightly warped and it opens significantly. How are viper and me the only ones that see this.

I dont see anything hanging over the top edge.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
right under the word ZOOG you can see the gap...at the right, its tighter, as it should be....the rest looks slightly warped and it opens significantly. How are viper and me the only ones that see this.

That's just where the side is warped inwards. As long as the lid isn't warped, there shouldn't be a gap there.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor

That's the side slightly warped. The top goes over the front side. I can't see anything else.

cold blood

Staff member
why is the top not straight then...its pinched down at the right side, and not the rest of the way...leaving a gap you could practically stick a pencil through.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
why is the top not straight then...its pinched down at the right side, and not the rest of the way...leaving a gap you could practically stick a pencil through.
You gotta zoom in on the pic a ton, you'll see how it's made eventually lol. What looks like a gap is actually just the top edge of the side with the lid over hanging that part.
Inked20170605_051330_LI.jpg
Doubt that helps any lmao, but I tried.

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Enlarge the pixture X10

That 'line' you see right under the words Zoog is really just a view of the vertical top edge of the front wall - viewed through the clear lid.
The real edge of the horizontal lid is closest to us in view, it overhangs front wall, and protrudes a good inch or so beyond front vertical wall.

I see the lid sitting fairly tightly over front wall of enclosure; and if there was a tiny gap there for say, a piece of paper to push through, it would still be way too narrow for a 1.5" sling to push itself through.

You are basically assuming the front edge of the top sliding horizontal piece doesn't quite meet the front wall -- in fact, it's the opposite -- it overlaps front wall a fair bit.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You gotta zoom in on the pic a ton, you'll see how it's made eventually lol. What looks like a gap is actually just the top edge of the side with the lid over hanging that part.
I wasted five minutes typing what you so succinctly explained. lol

Haemus

Arachnosquire
This is the reincarnation of the gold/blue dress lol. But if this is the gap then that looks like an issue:
Untitled-1.jpg

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
View attachment 242401
Doubt that helps any lmao, but I tried.
:smug:Cheater. Go ahead - edit your post and add a picture. Make my over-explanatory post look even dumber!!!! hehe ;)
I see the enclosure exactly as you do. Hopefully your picture will help.

Let's give Zoog some credit for making an acrylic cube whose lid fits snugly over its front side.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
:smug:Cheater. Go ahead - edit your post and add a picture. Make my over-explanatory post look even dumber!!!! hehe ;)
I see the enclosure exactly as you do. Hopefully your picture will help.
In my defense, it took a solid 10 minutes to draw up that masterpiece...:rofl:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
This is the reincarnation of the gold/blue dress lol. But if this is the gap then that looks like an issue:
View attachment 242403
You've outlined a space that's completely part of the lid itself -- that inner line is actually front wall top edge seen through the clear lid top.

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
You've outlined a space that's completely part of the lid itself -- that inner line is actually front wall top edge seen through the clear lid top.
Say what? [EDIT] Ah I understand now, I can see what you're meaning, Say Sorry!