P. Metallica strutting

Cj Baker

Arachnopeon
My MM Metallica has been walking around his tank strutting his pedipalps, is this a courting sign?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Strutting? I'm having a hard time picturing that for some reason, I'm dense at times. The only courting signs from a MM that I know of are the endless wandering (not so much courting but sexual maturation) and drumming.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I imagine his MM could be wandering in enclosure, desperately seeking female companionship. I suppose that might be interpreted as strutting "Here I am -- where are you oh love of my life?" Is there any drumming?
Get this guy a date!

Last edited:

Cj Baker

Arachnopeon
Yeah, more active than usual. He's drumming all right. I apologize I used the wrong word to describe what I saw. Lol
He's taking a few steps then tapping his pedipalps in quick secsession then few steps etc. etc.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yeah, more active than usual. He's drumming all right. I apologize I used the wrong word to describe what I saw. Lol
He's taking a few steps then tapping his pedipalps in quick secsession then few steps etc. etc.
By the sounds of it he's drumming his palps in search of a mate, post something on the board offering him as a suitor, you'll have plenty of interest for that sp. Usually it is 1/2 each if the MF produces a sac. Don't let him go to waste,, let him get what he's looking for, a MF.

Cj Baker

Arachnopeon
Yes, I have been wanting to mate him. I also have a MM T. Blondi that I would like to get a mate for as well, the local shop I use does mating but I haven't talked to them yet about either of my MM.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes, I have been wanting to mate him. I also have a MM T. Blondi that I would like to get a mate for as well, the local shop I use does mating but I haven't talked to them yet about either of my MM.
Post an ad on here in the classifieds. They will be spoken for in NO time. Both are very sought after species :)

Cj Baker

Arachnopeon
Post an ad on here in the classifieds. They will be spoken for in NO time. Both are very sought after species :)
I've been considering it, I just don't know how comfortable I feel on shipping it out lol if I can find a local that's willing I'd do it haha

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've been considering it, I just don't know how comfortable I feel on shipping it out lol if I can find a local that's willing I'd do it haha
I can understand that. The first few I shipped were pretty nerve wracking for me too. Shipping over all isn't hard to do there are a lot of good videos on how to pack your T for shipping. Of course, being from Austin there is a good chance you might find a local buyer for them.