P. Metallica sling or something else?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yes it will be 1-2 molts till the very soft blue appears, then as it gets bigger the blue will deepen.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
mine is about 1.5 inches but i had a sling that was apparently 4 weeks old and half the size and blue. this other place claimed this one is 8 to 10 months. here's some more pics

Attachments

Bugmom

Arachnolord
mine is about 1.5 inches but i had a sling that was apparently 4 weeks old and half the size and blue. this other place claimed this one is 8 to 10 months. here's some more pics
I'd not really trust anyone to know much about tarantulas if they are referring to them by how many weeks they are. 4 weeks from when? From when they were 1i? 2i? Started eating on their own? Who the heck are you getting your spiders from? They sound incredibly uneducated.

The sling in your photo is probably 3i. It is absolutely not "8 to 10 months" old and it's not 1.5" more like 1/2" to maaaybe 3/4".

The blue sling you had, if it was blue at 2i or 3i, could not have been a Poecilotheria species. It was probably Caribena versicolor (formerly Avicularia versicolor)

awiec

Arachnoprince
There is some variation between individuals but most p.metallica slings won't start turning blue until a few instars in, though my p.metallica had a steely blue color at 3i and is obnoxiously blue as an adult but that color looks pretty normal to me.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
just picked up a second P Metallica sling from a the 1st place I got mine from and talked to the owner and he couldn't believe that his employee said it was 4 weeks. He gave me the second sling because they was something wrong with the 1st one. The second one is also already blue. I also picked up a green bottle blue. It was a toss up between a GBB or a Blue Fang and went with the green bottle.

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
just picked up a second P Metallica sling from a the 1st place I got mine from and talked to the owner and he couldn't believe that his employee said it was 4 weeks. He gave me the second sling because they was something wrong with the 1st one. The second one is also already blue. I also picked up a green bottle blue. It was a toss up between a GBB or a Blue Fang and went with the green bottle.
First one may have been mislabeled.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its p metallica, just young and likely approaching a molt.